Discuss Improper prep with pics this time in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Thanks for explaining. We used the yellow pegs from tradetiler.
i think to be honest my employees are so used to setting stone without them that they could not be bothered to stick at but I did find when I tried that they did not help much but as you say need to keep at and learn what jobs are better suited or not.
sounds like you certainly know what you're doing and using these as an for certain circumstances.
i was imagining fixers who are not very experienced thinking that you just notch the floor or wall and then bed the tiles flat by cranking up the straps regardless of whether stone tiles vary in thickness which they often do

O

Old Mod

Thanks for explaining. We used the yellow pegs from tradetiler.
i think to be honest my employees are so used to setting stone without them that they could not be bothered to stick at but I did find when I tried that they did not help much but as you say need to keep at and learn what jobs are better suited or not.
sounds like you certainly know what you're doing and using these as an for certain circumstances.
i was imagining fixers who are not very experienced thinking that you just notch the floor or wall and then bed the tiles flat by cranking up the straps regardless of whether stone tiles vary in thickness which they often do
my god wish it was that easy hahaha all u would do is continually snap them, they're an aid only. And believe me picking up a stone that's down and almost there! Just to replace strap, haha NO! Hey your a stone fixer, describe your frustrating when u've got to lift a piece of stone cos u've messed up! Haha
Marc

J

jonnyc

Marc . See you are local to me so we must work similar areas.
do you know any stockist fairly local of good quality travertine ivory honed and filled where client could actually go and see a few tiles in crate rather than just sample.
i have a job in 10 days and client wants to buy off internet which is chancy unless you know the supplier especially for travertine.
european heritage used to good quality but not been over there for awhile.

O

Old Mod

Marc . See you are local to me so we must work similar areas.
do you know any stockist fairly local of good quality travertine ivory honed and filled where client could actually go and see a few tiles in crate rather than just sample.
i have a job in 10 days and client wants to buy off internet which is chancy unless you know the supplier especially for travertine.
european heritage used to good quality but not been over there for awhile.
a good friend of mine owns marble company in Wimbledon, I'll give him a call, see if he can recommend somewhere. Do you know where European Heritage warehouse is in Parsons Green Lane? There's a high end stone supplier there as u drive in on right. See what info I can gather for u.

J

jonnyc

Marc
yes I know stoneage well.
was at school with owners and been recommended by them for 25 years.
they don't do travertine light.
i was getting container loads of travertine from North london for new builds near me plus staircases we fabricated on site but quality gone down hill.
if you hear of anyone then great.
think I will go in to European heritage next week as they were always good ,but you pay the premium which is fair.

O

Old Mod

Marc
yes I know stoneage well.
was at school with owners and been recommended by them for 25 years.
they don't do travertine light.
i was getting container loads of travertine from North london for new builds near me plus staircases we fabricated on site but quality gone down hill.
if you hear of anyone then great.
think I will go in to European heritage next week as they were always good ,but you pay the premium which is fair.
Jon,
just viewed your website, impressive!
I never realised how close we are to each other! I'm less than 15 mins away :thumbsup:
I'm gonna PM you with a link to my photo album. There's a couple of stone jobs on there. Click each individual heading to open it.
And I've left a msg about your stone, see what I can find, if anything.

Reply to Improper prep with pics this time in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, Apologies, this is quite a long question... I am currently renovating my bathroom and soon...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Improper prep with pics this time
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond