UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss In the crap! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

Ten minutes ago...I received a phone call, regarding one of my tilers down at the Cutty Sark, we only started yesterday and now I have just had to sack someone for gross misconduct. I cant say what he did at the moment, but hes gone. Now I have a problem, I need a tiler to work the night shift, midnight to 8am. What do you think the chances are of finding someone so late to this start date? Jesus Christ I need a drink.

Lynn

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
never to early for battle....... army.gif ...:lol:

Last edited:
P

Pebbs

Just another update, my sacking record this week has now risen to two men. However I want to say a big THANK YOU :hurray: to Rob (Nybor) for trying to help out. Also to Eduardo, who if you remember was looking for work. He came down onto site yesterday, and started today. I went down this morning and am very very happy with his work. He's a quiet kind of lad, gets his head down and gets on with it. On a brighter note the apprentice I took on, has proved a good un, this lad has been in quite a bit of 'trouble' shall we say, but the way I looked at it, was everyone needs a chance in life. Bit of an emotional exp today when I gave him his first wage envelope, and he got choked up, he's never had a proper job before with real wages. Made me think back about the first time I ever got paid, you forget about those things.

All in all not a bad day...roll on tomorrow.

Lynn

P

Pebbs

I have now run out of tiles, the night lads have been slapping them down..don't worry I'll be checking for any lippage on Monday. You would have thought this would have been a happy event, however the day shift lads threw a strop today over this. There is nothing I can do if the night lads are outpacing the day lads, mainly because at night there is less distractions...ie the canteen is not open! and the thai takeaway is closed! Whatever way I turn, there is someone giving me an ear-bashing.

At least I don't have to knock up anymore adhesive.

Lynn

Reply to In the crap! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We are needing 46sqm tiles laid to a bare concrete floor in our new shop. We had great...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in...
Replies
Views
Available for a late shift tonight?? Starting around 4pm and working til its done, probably...
Replies
Views
Hi Wondering if anyone can help.... I started work for a re-fit contractor on a hotel in january...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.