UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss In the crap! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I see the light at the end of the tunnel....The Blackwall Tunnel that is. Another week of stupidness, the grills don't fit the channels, the access panels are to big, and the underfloor heating team forgot that there are lights to be core drilled, so left no 'blank spaces' have been left. It has been one hell of a week, the labourer didn't turn up on Tuesday, when the next delivery of tiles was arriving, as he had 'toothache' ...my a**e. So the apprentice, was left with lugging the whole lot down into the dry berth. This morning I got a text from the labourer saying he needed paying today as he had no money to get in tomorrow! ....I paid him two weeks money last week! That was it, I was on the warpath, another return site visit, do I look like I have MUG tatooed on my forehead? I flipped my lid, kicked a few buckets in various directions, and welded the spirit level, at which point he legged it.

Tonight I had a text, low and behold he's has now suddenly got the money and will be there tomorrow. Yes he will be there tomorrow, and so will I to do the dirty deed, and throw him of my site.

What is wrong with some of these kids?

Lynn

P

Pebbs

My week by Lynn age not disclosed but have aged 20 years in 5 days.

Saturday.....someone drilled through the underwater heating pipes....(by others not us).
Sunday ....water stopped play
Monday someone nicked my dumpy level
Tuesday discovered raised floor has been set 5mm to high on the next level.
Wednesday access panels have been positioned (by others) in the wrong positions.
Thursday Mapei flew in from Italy to visit site, put on smiley face and showed (all 16 of them) around, nice day until Labourer rang up ranting about 'being ripped off' because he has to pay tax (honest to god, where do I find these people, must make a note to myself to not employ idiot faces) ended up with me being called a F***ing *****.
Friday Sacked Labourer. Went to my friends funeral and at reception afterwards, labourer called crying, begging for his job back, it was enough to throw me into a vat of bacardi and coke, but managed to stay on the wagon.
Came home went to bed..at 4.30...woke up and missed 11 calls..Get stuffed the lot of em, supposed to be my day off.

Lynn

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
My week by Lynn age not disclosed but have aged 20 years in 5 days.

Saturday.....someone drilled through the underwater heating pipes....(by others not us).
Sunday ....water stopped play
Monday someone nicked my dumpy level
Tuesday discovered raised floor has been set 5mm to high on the next level.
Wednesday access panels have been positioned (by others) in the wrong positions.
Thursday Mapei flew in from Italy to visit site, put on smiley face and showed (all 16 of them) around, nice day until Labourer rang up ranting about 'being ripped off' because he has to pay tax (honest to god, where do I find these people, must make a note to myself to not employ idiot faces) ended up with me being called a F***ing *****.
Friday Sacked Labourer. Went to my friends funeral and at reception afterwards, labourer called crying, begging for his job back, it was enough to throw me into a vat of bacardi and coke, but managed to stay on the wagon.
Came home went to bed..at 4.30...woke up and missed 11 calls..Get stuffed the lot of em, supposed to be my day off.

Lynn

That's mad. I have weeks like that too! Faaaar too often.

Keep dealing with it professionally, but don't get slack. You'll do just fine I'm sure.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to In the crap! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We are needing 46sqm tiles laid to a bare concrete floor in our new shop. We had great...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in...
Replies
Views
Available for a late shift tonight?? Starting around 4pm and working til its done, probably...
Replies
Views
Hi Wondering if anyone can help.... I started work for a re-fit contractor on a hotel in january...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.