Discuss Increase in Wet rooms. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

This is my second in about 2 years.

The first customer really wanted one and I begrudginly took it on. It did my head in as there were loads of things that I had simply not done before. However, 2 years later and several uses by a gent in a wheelchair and 6 dogs in that time the customer has confirmed that no problems have arisen and they are still reaping the benefits. So I must have done something right.

In hindsight I'm very glad I did it.

The 2nd that I am doing now was my suggestion. The customer had the most poorly fitted shower room using a 1200 wide screen, 900 x 900 shower tray and nearly level pieces of 6mm ply tiled to make up the areas against a back wall that isn't straight. It leaked like a seive and ruined the timber floor beneath.

He likes the space so I suggested he considered a wet room. It is more money but it makes much better use of the room as the former can be cut to fit the awquared shape of the shower area. Then the tiles will be cut to suit.

We are considering a wet room for our conversion project. Should add heaps to the house value.

Other than that I'm not getting much call for them. Once I have got a couple under my belt I may tout that service a bit more. As I'm fairly new to them I'm still not making a huge amount of money from them.

I have to say, I'm unconvinced about installing them on wooden floors. I haven't yet bought into that school of thought.

Reply to Increase in Wet rooms. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a walk in shower room ... Sort of a wet room but not quite. I used a kerdi style wet...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi lads, what do you think of pfocus.com which sells resin oriented infill for those places...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Increase in Wet rooms.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.