Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Installing Kitchens in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Grace'sDad

I used to do installs. To be honest I try and avoid them now as I'm busy enough tiling and tiling works out more profitable. I also got sick of rubbish B&Q specials and all the additional work they created.

I found too many customers expect 110% perfection with the kitchen installation yet weren't prepared to pay for it!

The kitchen installation in my gallery I charged £1750.00 for, including plumbing and tiling. They had a quote off B&Q for £3000.00 and another trader wanted £2000.00. It took me 7 long days and included 50 mile travel each day.

Hope this helps....:thumbsup:

G

guy1976

my mate has just fitted my kitchen who is a joiner it took him 4 nights after his day work 5pm till 9pm and charged me £500 labour which i was happy to pay as i had wanted it fitted a while ago (wor lass did) and he was busy so i got some estimates from other fitters and the prices ranged from £1500 to £3000 plus i know my mate does quality jobs so i was happy to wait, my last job before christmas last year was a kitchen floor with b&q 600x600 black polished porcelain and was talking to kitchen fitters on the job and kitchen had cost 91 grand but to me looked nothing special

Reply to Installing Kitchens in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I will soon be installing the Wunda EPS 400 UFH boards in my own kitchen, approx 50m2...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Installing Kitchens
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.