Discuss Insulating Foam in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

curlycan

Do you know if tiling over a patch of insulating foam would be a wise thing to do. Im not actually going to do it but thought I would get your opinion. The reason I ask is I have a small job for my inlaws to do. They have changed their shower unit which was embedded into the wall, they have had this removed and now have 2 pipes coming out of the brick wall for a wall mounted unit. The problem is they have a hole about 300x400xback to the cavity. I have now got to work out how to fill hole before I tile over. It was suggested by father inlaw to fill with insulating foam but I told him that would be no good as the weight of the shower unit would pull it away from the wall. so going to make a wood frame to fit in the hole screw to bricks then place plaster board to fill hole. But if this hole had nothing support would you fill with foam then tile over. sorry for being so long winded.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Insulating Foam in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Insulating Foam
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.