UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Insulation board fixing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

ewoc

Hi - I am a rookie tiling my conseravtory/kitchen starting tomorrow!

Am: 1) priming concrete
2) Laying insulation boards (cheap blue ones) with flexi addi
3) UFH instalation
4) SLC
5) Slate 40x40
6) Seal
7) Grout
8) Seal

When I am laying the boards I have read that I should use silicone sealant on the edges of the boards and then over tape with a 'glass fibre tape'

I have duck tape only and no silicone - Do I need an early morning trip to DIY store or can I just use Duck tape??

Thank you

Chris

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Insulation board fixing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I bought some sheets of 6mm insulation board to install on my bathroom floor. (It has blue...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a walk in shower room in my bathroom that is tiled using slate mosaics on the...
Replies
Views
Kajiman tamang
K
Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.