Discuss Interesting finds... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
There's no such thing as an expert in ghosts no matter what channel 4 or 5 say lol

And I'm afraid there are thousands of experts in people, to confirm there's nothing after life. We give back what we borrow, which is a much more lovely way to see life. We borrow a little when we're born via our mother, we keep feeding from the planet during life, and then when we die, we feed back the planet, and other things feed from it. So we sort of keep going around but our 'spirit' not only doesn't do anything, it doesn't exist in the first place to do anything.
I don't know dan, theres so much we don't know about our world our universe even our own brains.
I think its just impossible to know, could be a alternative universe poking through (unfortunately im a sci fi fan :) ) could be time travel ( im a sci fi fan :) ) a man from the future traveling back in time dressed for the year he is traveling to :) .
In my mind theres just so many possibilities out there that i just don't debunk everything

Q

Qwerty

Can't believe I forgot something I found in a home I was working in two years ago........ Homeowners were out at work but had placed the glass wet room screen in their bedroom during the instal. I went in to check dimensions and found what can only be described as a home film set with the bed as the centre stage! Slightly awkward as I didn't know if video camera was recording or not, so pretended not to see it and went about my business. Found it very hard to look the wife in the eye that night and even lied to her by asking her to measure it for me that night as I was unable to find it in the spare rooms ;)

Not treasure or valuable I know, but was interesting nonetheless!!! :)

O

One Day

Can't believe I forgot something I found in a home I was working in two years ago........ Homeowners were out at work but had placed the glass wet room screen in their bedroom during the instal. I went in to check dimensions and found what can only be described as a home film set with the bed as the centre stage! Slightly awkward as I didn't know if video camera was recording or not, so pretended not to see it and went about my business. Found it very hard to look the wife in the eye that night and even lied to her by asking her to measure it for me that night as I was unable to find it in the spare rooms ;)

Not treasure or valuable I know, but was interesting nonetheless!!! :)

And you didn't ask to be an "extra"?! :mad2:

O

On one

A packet of Home Guard explosives(Bomb squad had to called from Catterick)
An old 1837 newspaper that was used to fill a gap in a wall prior to being plastered(Builders bodge?)
A pink ladies toy!(well we did arrive unannounced)
A couple of adult video cassettes above some kitchen wall units (Drat for not having a VHS machine at the time)
On lifting a loft hatch there was a flock of bats roosting on the rafters,12 inches away from my face.(didn't need to use the step ladders on the way back down)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I don't know dan, theres so much we don't know about our world our universe even our own brains.
I think its just impossible to know, could be a alternative universe poking through (unfortunately im a sci fi fan :) ) could be time travel ( im a sci fi fan :) ) a man from the future traveling back in time dressed for the year he is traveling to :) .
In my mind theres just so many possibilities out there that i just don't debunk everything 

That's a totally different subject and much more believable / understandable.

There probably is a chance of time travel as explained by Stephen Hawkins.
There isn't a god or afterlife, as explained by Richard Dawkins.

Both very clever men we should follow far more than a faith or belief that has no actual reasoning or explanation.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Wow wasn't expecting to read these replies after returning home from my nans funeral!

How do you explain the psychics (unsure of that spelling!) I watched one make a grown man break down in tears after she told him messages from "the other side" hmmmm

Psychics are literally robbing thieves often playing on those who are struggling with closure. What they're doing should be banned and made illegal and then every single one prosecuted.

They use tactics that american car salesmen often use to find 'hits' and often just throw anything out there to see what gets picked up on. Sally has been found to have earpieces in on her shows and she uses cards that the audience fill in first to ask them who they'd like to be contacted by, then just throws those names out there and random suggestions to see what gets a bite.

'Oh he was old, no not old, he was young' - and then they poor person being robbed of cash will often only pick up on the one actually connected to their lost loved one, and forget they'd mentioned every other type of age, race, gender, etc in the same session.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Psychics are literally robbing thieves often playing on those who are struggling with closure. What they're doing should be banned and made illegal and then every single one prosecuted.

They use tactics that american car salesmen often use to find 'hits' and often just throw anything out there to see what gets picked up on. Sally has been found to have earpieces in on her shows and she uses cards that the audience fill in first to ask them who they'd like to be contacted by, then just throws those names out there and random suggestions to see what gets a bite.

'Oh he was old, no not old, he was young' - and then they poor person being robbed of cash will often only pick up on the one actually connected to their lost loved one, and forget they'd mentioned every other type of age, race, gender, etc in the same session.

"Is there a Diane in the room,yes,hi Diane,did you know a Brian who has now passed along,no,mmmm,what about someone who you know who knew someone called Brian"
Diane
" erm,yes I think there's a women on the next street down who knew a Brian who worked as a farmer ,could that be him"
Psychic
" yes yes that's the one "

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Interesting finds... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We have been hit by hundreds of spam accounts that are somehow passing the human anti-spam...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to source some specific tiles from Marazzi, but it seems most UK dealers are just...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB