Guest viewing is limited

Discuss is 6mm ply suitable? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

surrey
well Grumpy lets get into this one , delamination of ditra matting off timber surface hmmmmm used this product for 15 years and not once has it failed maybe its down to what products are used to install, now if the chipboard breaks up then that tells me there is not enough supports in the floor but then i have only seen chipboard failure when water has been the main factor, I thing its a bad idea to say that ditra has the same problem if you install to chipboard direct YOUR WRONG
regards
marbleman
Maybe you need to contact schluter systems as you seem not know enough about the product, because of your remarks

G

grumpygrouter

well Grumpy lets get into this one , delamination of ditra matting off timber surface hmmmmm used this product for 15 years and not once has it failed maybe its down to what products are used to install, now if the chipboard breaks up then that tells me there is not enough supports in the floor but then i have only seen chipboard failure when water has been the main factor, I thing its a bad idea to say that ditra has the same problem if you install to chipboard direct YOUR WRONG
regards
marbleman
Maybe you need to contact schluter systems as you seem not know enough about the product, because of your remarks
Don't quite know how you have interpreted my remarks, but as I stressed right at the beginning of my post, that was a personal opinion of mine, based on the logic of potential failure of chipboard. I have used ditra in the past and it is an excellent product, I have discussed the product directly with Schluter support in the past and i also have full information about the product in PDF format on my computer, so I do know plenty about the product. I have in fact recommended it's use in these forums, dozens if not hundreds times. Neither did I say it was a BAD IDEA to install it on chipboard, only gave my personal preference to the OP of the thread. To say I am right or wrong is really irrelevant but you seem to be looking for some sort of confrontation, why is that, because I raised a question which had the possibility of contradicting your advice?

The OP is free to make his own decisions as to which way he goes after reading the responses to his question. He may well go down the route you are suggesting or he may take a different course, that is up to him.

I am not on here to have arguments with other members, just to offer advice as I see it. if you have an issue with that then I am afraid that is your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to is 6mm ply suitable? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice on how much adhesive to use. I’ve taken on my first tiling project and found...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’ve searched endlessly for an answer to this and can’t seem to find an answer, so I...
Replies
Views
Hi - we would very much appreciate some advice. In October 2020 we had a sole trader come in to...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
is 6mm ply suitable?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.