UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Is an ICA worth getting?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MIKEY88

I'm interested in becoming a tiler and I want to get the qualifications I need, so I've been looking online and came across a page in this forum from 2008 http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-nvqs/8509-nvq-floor-wall-tiling-3-years.html .It says that to get a level 2 NVQ to become qualified you need 3 years experience or if you have an ICA 26 weeks. I've done some looking around for more info about the benefit of getting an ICA and can't find anything. Is an ICA still relevant or is it old news??

Also I want to do a tiling course to get some basic skills, then ask a tiling company to allow me to work for them for £100 per week for a couple of months to gain some experience, then see if they want to keep me on at minimum wage until I have good tiling skills. Is there any tiling courses you'd recommend and do you think offering to work for peanuts with limited knowledge will be enough to get my foot in the door??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Is an ICA worth getting?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, just after some advice if anyone can help. I’ve just poured the floor on my extension at...
Replies
Views
Evening Guys, You have probably seen many posts like this coming...
Replies
Views
Bedrock Tiles are proud to announce some seriously climate, complimenting news that we have...
Replies
Views
Hello all, my names Ollie and I’ve just recently completed a 3 week intense tiling course with...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.