Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Is he being reasonable in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Thanks MG, I don't really believe in all the karma stuff, but i really will give it a try. I do know though, that if i was to lay my hands on him, it would be me that ends up in trouble, so i wouldn't do that.

Nothing to do with Karma... just a way of controlling yourself, the situation and the outcome... people do pick up on energies we all give out and receive, think of the impressions you get of people when you first enter a pub... or any situation for that matter.... I am quite nervous when I first enter rooms full of people, but before I go in I use tricks like this so that no-one would ever know... the fire thing really makes you appear very strong, the kind of strength bullies (basically that's what people like that are) pick up on... trust me :smilewinkgrin:

R

Rob Z

Hi rob not really got him sorted yet, i was there on friday washing walls in prep for painting, also took loads of pics while he wasn't around so i'v got proof of everything. Sent him a letter on sat, stating work that has been done,and is to be done, and that the carpet will not be changed. Just waiting now for the explosive phone call.

Hi Phil, one thing to keep in mind is that this job is not a good one for you (little or no profit) and that it is keeping you from focusing on your regular business. Anything that you can do to get away from this guy is a good thing to do or pay for because it will free you up to get back to the profitable work you are normally doing.

I say that not to state the obvious, but keep it in mind that if there is one minor thing that you can concede to this joker and use that to get him to agree that one concession will suffice, then I'd likely do the minor thing in order to get this behind me. It's easy to get so focused on the annoying problem at hand that you forget about the bigger picture, which is to get back to making money on the next job.

Good luck mate, and get the heck out of there.:thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

Thanks mg, i will. But tbh i am just about at the fix my hands around his neck stage.

Phil, MG is right on this---keep your cool, be the pro that you are. Resist the urge to throttle this guy.

I understand---I've been there and it takes real willpower to not act out on your instincts. I promise you this whole thing will look better a year from now.

Reply to Is he being reasonable in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Bathroom/bathtub walls were tiled to the ceiling and a shower screen was fitting. Tiler left...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Poynton, cheshire

Thread Information

Title
Is he being reasonable
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.