Discuss Is it just me? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

russ1980

Went and priced a job for a lady last friday 15m of wall and 4m of floor just some ceramics from b&q.Included in this price was removing 3 courses of tiles around the bath, taking up the old lino floor ,boxing in some pipes and obviously the tiling itself and supplying all materials.The price £400.Got a text tuesday saying this was more than she wanted to pay so would'nt be going ahead.Fair enough i thought.Next day got another text saying she's found a PROPER TILER who going to do it for £250.Bet it will be a top job.

R

Rich

This sounds like one of mine. I have perfected the art of being extremely (gut wrenchingly) polite about it, I usually email back saying something like "Thank you very much for letting us know, we are very sorry that we were unable to work with you on this project. If you require any further help or advice in the future, dont hesitate to contact us." You would be surprised at how many of these idiots will go with the cheap monkey, let him ruin the work but then in a years time when they want a good job done they soon get in touch.

That is unless they are really rude, in which case I take a dog poo in a paper bag, set it on fire on their door step and run away giggling :smilewinkgrin:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I once quoted on a hallway/kitchen floor job and got an email saying she really wanted to go with me but another tiler
was £200 cheaper so I needed to come down by that much! I know from my visit the other tiler was planning to go straight onto the floor boards in the hall and I was pricing backerboard in etc..
I emailed back saying you want me to do the job because you know I will do it better and that is reflected in the price. I also mentioned that it would be an extra £60 to trim her kicker boards. Never heard back but a year later by coincidence I was doing a job for a bloke and I recognised his surname. Turns out it was his daughter and the tiles in the hallway lasted 3 months before the grout started working loose.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Is it just me? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just after a bit of advice please. I had my kitchen floor tiled last week (porcelain...
Replies
Views
Just been out to a job to price up a new bathroom installation. The lady who's just moved in...
Replies
Views
Marksmithtiling
M
U
Just to be on the safe side i purchased all 20m2 of the wall tiles Wickes had on sale in the...
Replies
Views
S
went to a job on friday to clean a limestone floor ,the client had called me earlier on in the...
Replies
Views
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Is it just me?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.