UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Is it just me? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
mmmmm, what has caused me the most stress and i'm not gonna start talking about the dreaded 'Anhydrite' word god i've done enough already!!!!
I personally love flooring, and with this screedthe future is gonna be a real pain in the bott, i'm on a 63m2 slate floor at the moment and i'm using Creative Impression GBTA adhesive, it cost the customer wait for it £700+ in adhesive, thats no Ditra just adhesive. Plus its really weird stuff to use, so if is the best adhesive around for these screeds then i don't want to play anymore!!

ive used gbta never again , goes off far to quick, all though ive heard they have improved the pot life of it , the one i used was about 15 mins if that

S

Spud

mmmmm, what has caused me the most stress and i'm not gonna start talking about the dreaded 'Anhydrite' word god i've done enough already!!!!
I personally love flooring, and with this screedthe future is gonna be a real pain in the bott, i'm on a 63m2 slate floor at the moment and i'm using Creative Impression GBTA adhesive, it cost the customer wait for it £700+ in adhesive, thats no Ditra just adhesive. Plus its really weird stuff to use, so if is the best adhesive around for these screeds then i don't want to play anymore!!
Hi Bugs you do know that gypsum adhesive isnt included in bs5385 and its why the major adhesive brands dont have one in the uk market and schluter wont recommend sticking ditra down with it ,i dont know enough about this type of adhesive to comment on if it is good or not, I also called a company called TRAMEX the other day who make damp meters they say that the CM test method or" carbide bomb test" doesnt work on anhydrite and gives a false reading ,it does work on hemihydrite but i dont know the difference between the 2 ,it all very confusing as i was at schluter on tuesday with whitebeam and they said that you can use ditra at 2% water content over anhydrite using p51 primer and ardex flexible adhesive which i very much doubt and I will be ringing them for a technical data sheet to confirm this

P

Pebbs

I know what you mean Gary, the last few months have been the best and worst of times for me. I just can't be bothered at the moment with anything. Meetings are the worst, today I cancelled another one, and sent someone else to it, he rang me and said what a total waste of time that was. That's my life most days total waste of time listening to crap about programmes, health and safety, risk assessments, pat testing, datum lines, finished floor levels, logistics, ppe, and insurances. Every single contract is on delay, or at a standstill, I get up early and its dark and cold and finish work and there's no change its still dark and cold.

The pub is a good idea, but I don't think I would stop drinking till they dragged me out of there.

Lynn

B

bugs183

Hiya Gary, i didnt use Ditra on this floor, the customer only had so much money to spend!
I've done all kindsa research on this and heard views from all the adhesives manufacturers, plus Tramex and Protitmeter, the hygrometer manufacturers, results on lots of other threads on here about it all. As for the test i've heard lots of conflicting advise on testing.
I've done small tests with ditra and gypsum adhesives and they do seem to work with Ditra, i may be very wrong and its my opinion but i don't agree with Schluter and i won't be using cement based adhesives direct to these screeds.
I'm booked on the December Schluter course so that'll be interesting.
I'm gonna avoid these floors as much as possible to be honest, i really can't be arsed with the faff!

T

Time's Ran Out

We had last weekend away for the wife's birthday and Monday was a difficult day getting back into the swing of things but that's life!
The clock moving back has had it's usual effect making the days shorter but starting earlier with a cup of coffee and a bacon butty overlooking the sea at Tynemouth makes the day start with a smile.
Having plenty of work is the bonus and the variety of jobs makes this still the best trade around.
Keep smiling!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I'm not fed up with work... work is good and loads of it ..

It's just other things that have got me down , well it's mainly the wife's health .. only a couple know but she has been diagnosed with MS ( on top of her chrohns ) and last week got the nod she has to go onto medication for the MS .. so it has stressed us out some and one of the reasons i had to stop Admin duties on here.. anyway .. not about me just my reasons like gary for feeling not so good about things but a holiday would be good..

gaz.. take a break if funds allow it mate.. a holiday can make things seem better.. works for me most times any way.. but when work get's you down then you need to find a compromise.

Puts things into some sort of perspective perhaps. Hope you both do ok itch I David. A buddy of min was I diagnosed nearly twenty five years ago. He has only just this year hadto take to a wheelchair. It shows if you can fighting and battle it you can slow kit down mate. And you guys being from the northeast are bound to be tough eh!! :) good luck.

T

Time's Ran Out

Did you get anywhere nice John?
I'm looking forward to the end of the month, it's my birthday on 1st Dec, my last one in the 40's, and we're having a cheese and port night, also I'll be able to have a shave then too.......you've gotta have something to look forward to:lol:

Balcary Bay Hotel - south of Dumfries - would put a link if I knew how!

Reply to Is it just me? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.