Discuss Is it worth buying cheap porcelain tiles? 60*60 - £15sqm -porosity? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rupert

Hi All, I've come across the following tiles, 60*60 costing £15sqm.

They come pre-sealed so I'm assuming they are pretty porous, so I'm slightly concerned going for these.

The price is good and I like the colour, but I don't want problems in the future with staining and cleaning.

I'm thinking of using them in the kitchen and bathroom floor, pretty high traffic areas...

Should I avoid? They seem too cheap...Other places are charging £30sqm for tiles like these, eg tile giant etc.

T

True Tiling

Re: Is it worth buying cheap porcelain tiles? 60*60 - £15sqm -porosity

Hi Rupert,

I'd avoid Tile Giant and Al Murad as they are unlikely to have any customer come-back at all. These companies don't have a solid returns policy, and you will have to dredge-up the tile importer to inspect if it goes wrong. Avoid B&Q because their tiles are terrible. Wickes are okay, but if you want to go for a decent tile supplier, then CTD or Tiles UK are worthy, and Porcelanosa are excellent. Stick to British, Italian or Spanish tiles and you will be okay :smilewinkgrin:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Re: Is it worth buying cheap porcelain tiles? 60*60 - £15sqm -porosity

I did a job for a customer who got their own tiles from Al Murad. Supposed to be polished porcelain, half were, a quarter were semi-polished and the rest are matt.

If you want my opinion you need to be looking at at least £30m2 and purchase from a reputable supplier.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Is it worth buying cheap porcelain tiles? 60*60 - £15sqm -porosity? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
S
I am currently doing a new build where the customer has bought some tiles from Porcelenasa...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
T
hi guys tried to drill a porcelain tile today ,had two new 32 mm 365 drill bits and they both...
Replies
Views
TT Tiling
T
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB