Discuss Is this acceptable? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

elybathrooms

When using ceramic tiles, in my opinion it is un-acceptable to have a cut edge of tile against a good edge of the tile. Wether it be due to poor setting out or not wanting to trim along the top of half height tiling when it would finish on a cut, so just turning the tile round and having the cut edge facing down and good edge on top. So what your left with is a sharp square edge next to a rounded smooth edge.

If all that makes sense? Am I being to 'picky' I havent ever done this on my own tiling work but we have had another tiler do some work and there is about 5 tiles where this is the case.

Thanks for your opinions.

James

E

elybathrooms

Re: Is the acceptable?

Yeah brown buscuit back. My thought are exactly that, if it isnt a cut against a wall/ceiling or corner. The dilema I have is that the customer hasnt said anything, they seem really happy with the overall job. But it just doesnt sit well with me to leave it like that. But to redo it means taking of a entire wall of tiles to correct the setting out errors. Perhaps its best to let sleeping dogs lie. If they notice later I will be stood with egg well and trully on my face. If i point it out and say are you happy with that I'll look like i was trying to get it past them. I pride my business on having the highest of standards. Just doesnt sit well with me thats all.

Reply to Is this acceptable? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was hoping to get your opinions / thoughts on some work done in the kitchen by the...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Is this acceptable?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.