UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Is this appropriate? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Can you tile a caravan? :smilewinkgrin:

I've tiled a caravan floor before. Most floors are made with spruceply, which can be replaced, cement boards and similar prep to tiling over a wooden floor in a bathroom.
The only major consideration i had was weight issues. The caravan i did was a very large touring type. Owned by a funfair owner. He worked out all the extra weight etc. It was only because he took the fair to countries in Europe and had to be weighed.

D

Deleted member 1779

I remember when we were working on these caravans the bloke said one year all the tiles split when they transported them down the motorway!

182428_492254932013_617362013_6097254_3131093_n.jpg

For those of you interested we were working on them for the Ideal Home Show.
(All them big houses are produced "off-site" in hangers like this and then taken to London to be completed at Earls Court)
Its prefab on a big scale
182270_492255072013_617362013_6097260_8072394_n.jpg

It all had to be bolted down for the ride to London

181616_492255097013_617362013_6097263_4927381_n.jpg

Tiled ahead of transportation... Risky stuff !!

181664_492254962013_617362013_6097255_781480_n.jpg

Yes the chasis of each were super reinforced to be rigid

M

Muse2k8

Some of you mentioned that the gov needs to stop sending money abroad. I was actually personally disgusted to find out how many foreign workers will get their wages/salary and then send it all home to their families.

Obviously while a noble sentiment in their behalf but every penny they send to another country destroys our economy. And I'm not talking minimum wage here either but nurses, doctors etc!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You can also claim for your children who have not actually moved to the UK too! Did you know that?
So a bloke working here can have 5 kids back in his own country, and claim for all 5.

Our foreign policies are all wrong IMO.

If we were the richest country on earth, I could see us needing to support other countries. Though the fact is we're in debt and skint, yet we still pass bills to give billions aboard to countries who perhaps export more than us themselves.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
You can also claim for your children who have not actually moved to the UK too! Did you know that?
So a bloke working here can have 5 kids back in his own country, and claim for all 5.

Our foreign policies are all wrong IMO.

If we were the richest country on earth, I could see us needing to support other countries. Though the fact is we're in debt and skint, yet we still pass bills to give billions aboard to countries who perhaps export more than us themselves.

Only in Britain eh?

It's to keep them all sweet, it's the equivalent of the brown envelope but on a much bigger scale

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Is this appropriate? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
1988 My safety knowledge was that I thought just road workers wore hi viz ! 2015 being at the...
Replies
Views
S
R
Could you help young people learn skills for employment in construction? PT TUTOR to teach a...
Replies
Views
Rebecca Bowden
R
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
D
The guys at Hansgrohe have made life great for clients but difficult for installers. There is...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
tilersforums.com is 10 years old on April 2nd 2016. Here's the first thread on the forum from...
Replies
Views
The D
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.