Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Is This Cowboyish Tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Handyeire

Was on a job today and finishing of a bathroom with plasterboard walls on 1 corner and masonary on the other. Was using standard set adhesive that ain't flexi and is recommended only to use on masonry, used this on the 2 masonry walla after scraping and priming. Primed and scraped painted plasterboard walls as well but was using flexi until I near run out so mixed 18kgish of non slip flexi Addy and threw in about 10kgish of the standard set to finish the job. Nearest store for new Addy is 25mins away as was working in the country.

I'm now thinking should have I done this! I'm under pressure with work because if I don't finish it quick, there's the possibility I'll lose out on 6 months work. Main reason why I think its OK is that I know one can buy stuff in a bottle to add to Addy to make it more flexible so why not mix Addy's.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
All warranties that you've done it on are void. That's for sure. Products wont have their warranties if you're mixing different products even from the same manufacturer.

And when you do mix the products, it'd be smart to at least tell the customer so that they know their warranties are void. And I doubt you'd want to do that.

Been thinking about this and I like it less the more I think about it.

For the sake of £10 or whatever the difference is (I respect the fact that in OP's case the shop was a 50 mile round trip etc etc) I just don't think I'd bother.

Start carrying an extra bag of rapid setting flexible adhesive in your van and when you use it, replace it the next time you're near a tile shop.

Reply to Is This Cowboyish Tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
need eyes in the back of your head. Using Norcros NX standard set floor tile adhesive. After an...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Is This Cowboyish Tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond