Discuss Is this pattern wrong?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
Ok, I started this job today,Modular tiles, 11 tiles pre-mixed in the box with the laying pattern printed on it, happy days I thought.
As I cracked on with it I quickly realised that there was 1 each of the smaller 2 sizes being left over from every box, and that i was going to have loads of these left over when I had used up all the 45x45 tiles.
So stopped work immediatly and informed the client, who phoned the tile shop (who aren't the greatest and most knowlegable, they told me evo quick set would be fine for these porcelain "we sell it all the time". I had to phone evo myself to get it changed)
The tile shop said they haven't heard of this problem before and even phoned spain to see if they have had a problem.
After much head scratching I still maintain the pattern is wrong, Yet it is such a plain mistake, surely the manufacturer wouldn't be sending them out like that?
I am to meet the manager tomorrow, but can any of you lads spot if I'm right or wrong

Last edited:

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
Not quite sure where you would use the 4th small 22.5x22.5mm tile apart from cuts to the edges, but the 45x22.5 would be used to square off the 'line' to the full 45x45 tile.
However if the measurement are correct 2no. 22.5 width tiles would give you 45cm and that is before you get a 3/4/5 mm joint!!!!!
Happy days or staggered joints.
I'm not sure the client would want 2 45x22.5 tiles where a 45x45 should go TJ, I will be able to use some of the 45x22.5 tiles around the edges allright, but this floor is 55m2, So i'm still going to need 30-40 extra 45x45 tiles to finish this off

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You need one of each tile to make the pattern, the pattern tessalates out over just those three tiles perfectly. And actually, if you work at that, you'll have the least wastage as each tile can be equally used for cuts.

Work out the coverage of those three tiles, and then work out how many you need inc your 10 - 15% for waste. Job done.

Reply to Is this pattern wrong?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

tommyzooom

Arms
TF
Ireland
Website
http://www.mcknight-tiling.ie

Thread Information

Title
Is this pattern wrong??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.