Discuss Is this pattern wrong?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Thanks Brian, but i will have 40+ of each left over, I won't use all them for cuts, and very few of the 22.5x22.5. Also the client has ordered enough tiles to cover the job, and won't want to be buying more

I can see how its meant to work, but its really difficult to explain it!!!! I think the picture with the 11 tiles coloured in red is a bit misleading and it looks like the 2 'spare' tiles are being included in the cuts. It would all make much more sense if there were 9 tiles in each box!!!!!!

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
I can see how its meant to work, but its really difficult to explain it!!!! I think the picture with the 11 tiles coloured in red is a bit misleading and it looks like the 2 'spare' tiles are being included in the cuts. It would all make much more sense if there were 9 tiles in each box!!!!!!

Yes, or even 12 tiles per box

G

Gazzer

For 55m2 you should have
173 of the large square
163 of the small square
167 of the rectangle

As TJ pointed out though the sizes of the 450 x 225 should really be 450 x 222.5
the small square should be 222.5 x 222.5 assuming that the large square is exactly 450 x450 and that you will be using a 5 mm joint.

I think that is correct and of course you should have allowed 10 % wastage.

This is a 55m2 floor
hopscotch 55m2.jpg

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
Update, apparently I do know what I'm doing.
So after meeting the tile shop manager, who would argue black white, I was told that I had not started against the wall with a full tile, and that the rectangle tiles should go across the floor,and not up along the floor, along with other such BS, :incazzato::incazzato:
Also the client would have to buy another 10 or 11 boxes to get enough of the large tiles to finish his floor!
More investigation got a number for Carmen Ceramicart in Spain, who initially denied any probs, Eventually I was able to get a number for the guy who deals with Eire, and who happened to be in Ireland at the time
He eventually admitted that yes, On larger floors, they have had this problem, and he is now trying to source more 45x45 tiles of the same shade for the client, take about a week.

That won't help me much today, sat on my A**e, but I am glad that after 20years, I actually do know what I'm talking about. And hopefuly if you ever come across these tiles, You will be better armed before you begin.
It does seem like a fairly basic error on the manufacturers part, I mean how hard would it be to add an extra 45x45 tile to the pack, they would still be £xx per sq mtr

I read through this thread again, and thought I should say that the tile sizes I posted where approximate, and they do allow for grout etc

Last edited:

Reply to Is this pattern wrong?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

tommyzooom

Arms
TF
Ireland
Website
http://www.mcknight-tiling.ie

Thread Information

Title
Is this pattern wrong??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.