Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Is this price too cheap ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

Splashbacks, mosaics all that kinda fiddly stuff charge at day rate in my opinion.
I don't really charge for awkward cuts, and some charge for drilling holes in porcelain, i might be missing out on a few quid here!
If you want to speed up your socket cuts go to tradetiler and buy a Montolit Squadro wheel and a small angle grinder for it to work on. Absolutely brilliant little blade, cuts through porcelain like butter!
Decent tools are a really good way of speeding your work up as they do all the work for you.

P

prceramics

Splashbacks, mosaics all that kinda fiddly stuff charge at day rate in my opinion.
I don't really charge for awkward cuts, and some charge for drilling holes in porcelain, i might be missing out on a few quid here!
If you want to speed up your socket cuts go to tradetiler and buy a Montolit Squadro wheel and a small angle grinder for it to work on. Absolutely brilliant little blade, cuts through porcelain like butter!
Decent tools are a really good way of speeding your work up as they do all the work for you.

its not really cutting the sockets that takes time with me its trying to get the screws back in :mad2:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
don't you just hate it when they say its cheap,the amount of times i kick myself after.

gotta remember though,some people are just really expensive,just did a job and the other tiler said he charges £260 a day,it will take about 7 days + a £10 per hole cut.
it took me 8 days and i re boarded it in hardibacker which he was just going to tile over painted skim

M

Muse2k8

explain that your not vat registered thats why its cheaper. you could always say you forgot the materials, but you will stick to the original price, as its your mistake.

That's not a bad idea that. You then don't look cheap and you get to throw in a spot of customer service ;)

That way if you up your price for future jobs and they recommend you to someone they won't specify your too cheap ;)

Reply to Is this price too cheap ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hi, Apologies, this is quite a long question... I am currently renovating my bathroom and soon...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
We've got as far as stripping out the bathroom in our new (to us) bungalow dug up floor, laid...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Is this price too cheap ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.