Discuss Is this the best edge to expect on a cut ceramic tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

Again - Porcelanosa with a very chippy glaze:
I had a few chips here but the grout colour hides a lot.
DSC_1149.JPG DSC_1150.JPG

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
glasgow
As many have already said. Here's a professional tilers finish. 600x600 glazed porcelain tiles. Ungrouted you shouldn't be able to squeeze a *** paper between the trim and tile. Some highly glazed ceramics have acceptable chipping, leaving a 10mm gap around it, isn't acceptable.

I mostly do whole bathrooms. So in that sense I am a 'bathroom fitter' I hate that term! But I bring other trades in. Plumbers do plumbing. Joiners do joinery work. Plasterers do plastering. Ultimately I would rather lose money on a job and know it is done right than cut corners and potentially have problems with customers.

20161006_082320.jpg

I

Italy

Some like to leave a gap between the tile & the trim which is grouted. Personal choice really but for me it depends on the tile and the customers choice if they have any opinion on the matter.

2mm is absolute maximum permitted gap between tile & trim IMO, but 10mm I would love to see! :D
remember, board schluter, have already 1 mm factory set.
or not?

L

LoisJoh

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Widnes
Basically, I don't like ceramic tiles even though they are cheap. I don't think they are long lasting. I have always felt that porcelain is far better than ceramic(http://www.avonlearenovations.com/blog/home-renovations/ceramic-versus-porcelain-tile-does-the-difference-matter-to-you/) because they are strong and less water absorbent. It resists stains and scratches and is durable too. But I think smooth cutting is not possible with porcelain.
Any material can be cut smoothly with the correct blade

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Is this the best edge to expect on a cut ceramic tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m using split face tiles (10mm ceramic 600x300mm) on one wall and I’m failing to cut...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
We hired someone to do a small outside patio using porcelain tiles. They finished the job whilst...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB