Discuss Is this tile repairable in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

no you cant repair that im afraid

on another note........if your landlord was silly enough to buy an end of line tile and has kept no spares then thats his fault,i find it unfair and unnaceptable that 1 broken tile means you pay hundreds for anew floor when the cost of 2 extra tiles from him would have solved it

To be fair Jamie most tiles have an end of line at some point but having a few spare wouldnt have hurt.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Your landlord should carry insurance for this type of thing. It is entirely unreasonable to ask you to pay to re-tile the entire floor due to damage that is less than the size of a 2 pence peice.

Why could the damage not be repaired with an epoxy repair mortar coloured to match the tile.

Last edited:
T

thrashbestos

thanks for the quick response everyone

its funny u mention legal advice, my landlord "forgot" to put my deposit in a scheme, which means hes liable to a 1600 pound fine, (deposit was 550) hes a 1st time landlord, so im trying to not reasonable to a reach an agreement out of court, but i have consulted my solicitor and hes told me to try reason with him, but if it went to court id win, its noit like ive smashed up his kitchen floor.

yes the bits of tile are in the hole but i cant get them out

M

mikethetile

thanks for the quick response everyone

its funny u mention legal advice, my landlord "forgot" to put my deposit in a scheme, which means hes liable to a 1600 pound fine, (deposit was 550) hes a 1st time landlord, so im trying to not reasonable to a reach an agreement out of court, but i have consulted my solicitor and hes told me to try reason with him, but if it went to court id win, its noit like ive smashed up his kitchen floor
yes the bits of tile are in the hole but i cant get them out

you now have to resolve matters out of court first and only if you cant will they allow you to sue, its called pre court conduct

Reply to Is this tile repairable in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Is this tile repairable
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.