Guest viewing is limited

Discuss its always been so in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

The cost isnt much different really, 9mm to 12mm. Personally i like to use 15 or 18 but have been using 12 for the last 2 years.

A firm local to Mike and I use 9mm and they are quite a large tile showroom and 'fixers' (see how i didnt use the term tiler)

I also think a lot of it is when people do it and it doesnt fail so they carry on doing it. Its the same with tanking, i never tanked showers before and always used to use tubbed addy on my tiling. The jobs are still there and going strong

S

Scott

30 years ago my mother was just about to have me.......:lol::lol::smilewinkgrin:

Och he's just a wee bairn! And there was i think he was in his 50's. Sorry David :oops:

I agree with Dave its all far eastern ply now. I picked up some 12mm a few months ago and could easily lift it with one hand. The wood was very blond and was laready starting to delaminate. Needless to say i didnt buy it

Reply to its always been so in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, a long time since I have been here but back for some advice/reassurance ! About to tile my...
Replies
Views
Bit of an intro - I'm a competent DIYer and have been refurbing the bathroom on and off for the...
Replies
Views
L
T
Hi Everyone, First time I've tried tiling and I'm having problems getting the tiles to stay up...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Kinda new here, so hi to you all. I have been using Tops tiles flexi rapid set for years now and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
its always been so
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.