Discuss It's Ready To Tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

image.jpg

It’s ready!!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
L

LM

Jesus Lee, what is that all about, looks like they were a cubed metre short!!!
John it’s just crap workmanship, it’s all to typical over here and if you complain you’re a yap. There isn’t enough good private work here to ditch the site Work. The good paying privates are there but not in enough scale to support me all year round. I’m not interested in £10 per YARD work as they say :(

L

LM

Indeed...and the rest! I'm no screeder, but I know I could do better than that. I feel for you @LEE MAC
Well Geoff that just the way it is here and for the most part you have to live with it. It does dent your pride when you’ve done what you possibly can with it within your limitations and you’re still not happy with it. This place is too small:(, or I’d be off!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
No Andy, BAL green screed and I’m straight on it the next day, kitchens fitted day after me. It saves the builders a fortune in time and time = money.

Same old same old Lee, something's got to give and as you can clearly see it's the quality of work again. Trouble is Lee because we are a finishing trade and it is all about the cosmetics, what you can't see clearly doesn't matter, so therefore it's down to you to make it suitable to carry out the works correctly. Or alternatively do you just wing it, get paid and not worry about it, it some one else's problem, if your conscience can live with that.

L

LM

Same old same old Lee, something's got to give and as you can clearly see it's the quality of work again. Trouble is Lee because we are a finishing trade and it is all about the cosmetics, what you can't see clearly doesn't matter, so therefore it's down to you to make it suitable to carry out the works correctly. Or alternatively do you just wing it, get paid and not worry about it, it some one else's problem, if your conscience can live with that.
No I can’t wing it John I’ve got several hundred houses on book and it’s been like that for me for the last 13/14 years. That been built up through a reputation of quality and reliable workmanship that is completely stood over. I’ve never lost a client through failure or complaint of works and I use subbies to help me achieve this work load. Anyone that works for me understand me and my ‘anal’ ways. My work has to be done my way and so far so good.
That being said due to the scale for me I sometimes have to put up with and deal or overcome crap like the above.
Sometimes I ponder what it would be like to do all my own prep and just worry about me.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
No I can’t wing it John I’ve got several hundred houses on book and it’s been like that for me for the last 13/14 years. That been built up through a reputation of quality and reliable workmanship that is completely stood over. I’ve never lost a client through failure or complaint of works and I use subbies to help me achieve this work load. Anyone that works for me understand me and my ‘anal’ ways. My work has to be done my way and so far so good.
That being said due to the scale for me I sometimes have to put up with and deal or overcome crap like the above.
Sometimes I ponder what it would be like to do all my own prep and just worry about me.

It would be great Lee, trust me. Me and my plumber have just ripped out a bathroom prepped and reconfigured with new stud walls, all flat plumb and square. Yeah it's taken 3 days for ripout and first fix of plumbing, but when we fix everything we know that it's not going to fail, simple stuff like say the shower screen and riser rail I've put a timbers inside the wall so that when the plumber fits them we don't have to worry about it failing, it's being fixed into timber, not a void with a plug in, so it stays put

L

LM

It would be great Lee, trust me. Me and my plumber have just ripped out a bathroom prepped and reconfigured with new stud walls, all flat plumb and square. Yeah it's taken 3 days for ripout and first fix of plumbing, but when we fix everything we know that it's not going to fail, simple stuff like say the shower screen and riser rail I've put a timbers inside the wall so that when the plumber fits them we don't have to worry about it failing, it's being fixed into timber, not a void with a plug in, so it stays put
My problem John is that this place is so small in comparison to the main land that Work like that is not as available. Our economy is minute compared to yours and that has a trickle down effect as to the available nice private work. I might move back to Harrow :(

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to It's Ready To Tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Agree
    • Informative
Is the issue with ready mixed adhesive seemingly only recommended for 30x30 tiles max that it...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Is there anyway of getting a good fixing, where the upright of the shower enclosure meets the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
Hello! I'm buying natural stone for floor in my house. Wife would like to do a French pattern...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB