Discuss jamb saws? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garretridge

did a 32m2 polished porcelain job this week kitchen + hall + utility and downstairs toilet lots of tricky cuts they had the painters in and had all skirting doors and artichive all painted white so was not able to remove anything. So only able to trim artichive with my fein but had to leave the skirting on so time consuming work cutting up to instead of removing and fitting under skirting i would have took plaster and paint of i had tryed to remove them.thinking if i had a jamb cutter i could have trimed the skirtings and all artichive easily and saved myself a days work so im going to purchase a trimmer anyone got any ideas which is best at a resonable price around £150 is my budget cheers!:thumbsup:

S

SandyFloor

I have the Roberts one and I've used it a few times for the old 8" plus skirtings you have in old houses. You have to remember to have a level surface to run the saw on which can mean a length of ply at least 12mm thick screwed down firmly. You have to be careful as you can do a lot of damage with just one slip. The jambsaw won't go into corners either so you have some work there with a Fein. On top of this it's really messy so it's not quite as much a timesaver as it appears.

Reply to jamb saws? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm on with tiling all my downstairs rooms with 60cm x 60cm High Gloss 9mm tiles. All...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys. I have my downstairs loo to tile. 2 walls are going to be studed out so no issues...
Replies
Views
Hi.... I have recently had my bathroom refitted and tiled floor to ceiling. The company tell me...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
jamb saws?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.