UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss job finding sevices? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tiler bob

hi all, has anyone used these internet job finder services ? the ones that charge you for each leed they give you ! ive been on two now, filled in my details and am now getting bombarded with demo work requests. if you want to take up these requests you have to pay between £9- £19 each!!! you do set how many you want to recieve each week but the details are also passed onto other similar trades ,so basicly you still have to estimate the job and hope that your price is right .and you still might not get it !!!any thoughts please .:mad2:

K

kendo1

You would be better going out and making your face known at the usual likely places: kitchen and bathroom showrooms -every one you can find. Get your foot in the door doing remedial work.
Leaflet drops occassionaly turn up work, but it tends to be about a 1% return- if that. Still, how long does it take to post 200 leaflets as opposed to not working?
Maybe a customer has not thought of tiling their hall or path or... where ever.
Check out previous customers, see if they need anything else done.

Don't encourage these job finding parasites. :)

J

jpservices

I agree these people are really after money for nothing, making posts for jobs what we complete and we have to pay for that. if your looking for some free adverts use gumtree using the area you want to advertise, services and some pics ive pulled a few jobs from this the other site i do this is ukclassifieds there all free adds. only advise i will give is leave email adress as contact and not phone number as you will be battered with cold callers lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to job finding sevices? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
hello to everybody, how's it going? I'm new here just signed up and wanted to know what...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.