Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Joining new grout to old grout. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

:welcome: to TilersForums Kaki, I would just rake out a bit of the older grout, say 20mm into the set grout from where the new grout is to start, 1 to key to, and 2 in case there are any hollow pockets, the problem I can see here is colour difference, i.e. if you mix the grout slightly different it could end up a slightly different shade, best bet would to use a measuring jug for both grout and water to try and ensure this doesn't happen, what make and colour grout are you using?

K

Kaki

The tiles are 12"x12" porcelain, white with beige swirls and a raised texture. The grout is Mapei, Keracolor S, sanded grout with polymers. The color is 15 Bone.
We have the tile laid in the entry, hall, and just into 3 bedrooms and a bath. We are thinking we will try grouting what we have down so far, the breaks in the grout would be at the doorways.

Thank you for your help!
Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

D

doug boardley

The tiles are 12"x12" porcelain, white with beige swirls and a raised texture. The grout is Mapei, Keracolor S, sanded grout with polymers. The color is 15 Bone.
We have the tile laid in the entry, hall, and just into 3 bedrooms and a bath. We are thinking we will try grouting what we have down so far, the breaks in the grout would be at the doorways.

Thank you for your help!
Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
Good thinking:thumbsup:

Reply to Joining new grout to old grout. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Joining new grout to old grout.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.