Discuss Just ordered some new grout floats and a nice trowel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Getting a bit sick of wrecking marshaltown grout floats in no time at all.. so just ordeed a couple of the Raimondi ones..

SoftBlueRubber.gif

and some spare rubbers..

RubberReplacement.gif

and i also just ordered one of those |Slant ridge serrators.

SlantRidge183HFV.gif

Anybody else got these..?

andy-p

TF
Arms
I know gary but i go through about 6 floats or more a year each.. so thats 12 floats..LOL.. and at a tenner or so a time it is annoying to say the least.. it is stone work that knacks them..

I am sure it is the Raimondi green pads that are the hard epoxy ones..
Ive the same problem with the marshaltown floats dave , great floats but they dont last , been looking at the raimondi floats so let me know how you get on with em.. :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I will do...

The thing is with the marshal floats or any other soft core rubber floats is the face starts to peel away from the core quite quickly with heavy use and large floors etc..

So my thinking is the more solid one piece like the Raimondi ones will last a lot longer.. just depends how long they keep the edge.. but i have ordered 2 floats and 4 spare rubbers..

Over the years i have tried loads of different ones.. even the hard rubber compound epoxy floats but they are hard on the wrists.. so anyway. i will let you lot know how we get on with them..and the trowel..:)

Getting a bit sick of wrecking marshaltown grout floats in no time at all.. so just ordeed a couple of the Raimondi ones..

SoftBlueRubber.gif

and some spare rubbers..

RubberReplacement.gif

and i also just ordered one of those |Slant ridge serrators.

SlantRidge183HFV.gif

Anybody else got these..?

YES

Raimondi is great gear and those trowels clean SO easily.....

You get them from Colin at KS??

Last edited:
B

borgie

i've been using the slant trowels for few weeks now. i will never go back. very good handle.i don't use them on walls though. i use a platinum trowel for that, as uses a lot less adhesive than the slant trowels.
as for ramondi washboys. i got a big pedlo washboy, to be honest it's the worst thing i've ever bought. it never gets enough water out! the only good thing about it is the big hand held sweepex float you get with it, now i use this all the time. it has changeable floats, so i have 1 for grey, 1 white and 1 for black grout,

Reply to Just ordered some new grout floats and a nice trowel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E
W
hi, I'm looking to purchase a good quality tile trowel, can someone maybe tell me which...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Just ordered some new grout floats and a nice trowel
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.