UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Just to say thank you for this forum! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Lizlen

Just wanted to say thank you to the Admins for this forum and keeping it going. I had never tiled before in my life, had a rental property I needed to tile so decided to have a go at it. Had no idea what to do so I googled and found this forum. Found everything I needed to know right here, and some Youtube links. Worst thing was tiling around a window corner, doing a 3 way mitre on some tile trim, but I found out how here.

I don't visit often but I am grateful for the site, I'm sure I will need it again some time!

I'm sure there are a lot more members like me out there.

:)

L

Lizlen

Hi Dan,

I did post a pic at the time, but it was a year ago so may be lost in the denizens of posts. I visited today after an email from your system that I hadn't posted in a while, so I am! Here is the pic, first attempt at this but I made it:

6918587467_8a627913bd.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi Dan,

I did post a pic at the time, but it was a year ago so may be lost in the denizens of posts. I visited today after an email from your system that I hadn't posted in a while, so I am! Here is the pic, first attempt at this but I made it:

6918587467_8a627913bd.jpg

Very very good work!

Where are the rest of the pictures??!

L

Lizlen

LOL well, here is the job. I didn't do the units, I got a joiner to do that, but I did all the tiling. After this I did floor tiling too in a small porch outside and this kitchen. Here are "before, during and after" pics.

Before:

6772890764_a908c455f9.jpg

6772890772_bbcd456662.jpg

6772890774_9ea111c620.jpg

During:

6772890780_8a3b06aa8e.jpg

6772890786_beb916d8ed.jpg

After:

6772890790_ee817d9a5e.jpg

6772895660_ea46325bd5.jpg

6919008211_e692452469.jpg

I did make a mistake with the cooker hood - I had no idea til later that I could actually just slide the hood off and tile undernieth, - so I wound up tiling all around it, tiles with all those angles! Never mind, I'll know next time. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lizlen

Floor in porch & this kitchen

No before pics, but it was mostly concrete under old lino, and a small part pretty rotten wood boards at the thresh between the kitchen and diner where the laminate floor is. I had the joiner check out the wood was OK, then I scraped off the rot then treated the rest with with PVA & water soaked in to harden it, then levelled it to the concrete with car body filler (that grey apoxy resin): - because the wood was so flexible I figured the leveller had to be as well & then harden to make a buffer, or the tiles would have cracked with pressure, so I chose the apoxy resin. This handled it so I could tile over. With this the floor tiles have been fine for a year now & stable despite being a heavy traffic area, no cracks.

6772934734_9ef93bd763.jpg

6919050025_b65433e96a.jpg

6919049873_535d941170.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Just to say thank you for this forum! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Thanks for my successful registration within this group and Forum. I am currently...
Replies
Views
DiyRob
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.