Discuss just wondering how most trade's-men feel about in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

the duty of care law that we are all under now, do you think it is fair that the tradesman is accountable in a court of law for his work ?, or do you think it is a bit over the top? should we try and protect ourselves with contractual jargon on the back's of our estimate's ? perhaps you already do!! after all maker's of addy/ grout, bead's, potions', backer-board's,cement's, plasters all seem to not take responsibility and find loophole's in the law's, what's your thought's ??:thumbsup:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi gooner,i always spec the best possible materials for my jobs

i refuse to compromise my work by giving into cheaper quote demands as well meaning i went out and bought cheaper inferior materials

this coupled with a good quality job done by me im quite happy there will be no comebacks or failures

thats how i like to run the business
ive learnt through experience the type of jobs to avoid

i also give lengthy workmanship guarantees on my work......only if they agree to my spec for the job however...i dont accept customers or other companys not attached to me doing any prep at all any more on my jobs

it works for me

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to just wondering how most trade's-men feel about in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
J
Hi guys, We bought our first house in 2012 and, like most first houses, it was in a terrible...
Replies
Views
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
just wondering how most trade's-men feel about
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.