Discuss Karndean flooring in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I've got Amtico in my hallway and I love the stuff, been down about 14 years now and when stripped and re-polished looks like it was fitted yesterday. It did however cost me £100m2 fitted as you couldn't buy it, only have it supplied and fitted through a certified company. Not the case now, you can buy and fix yourself.

I thought about doing a course on it a few years ago,
I've been asked a few times if I fit it.
Where's a good place to do the course?

Hi Stef, Ive never done the course myself and I know Karndean will try to get out of the guarantee if not installed correctly.
That's why on the odd occasion I have to install it, Karndean for example, I take pics of over boarding with wbp ply and using there skim coat along with there correct adhesive. The bathroom company I subby for is a recommended supplier of karndean & Amtico and are happy with my installations.
However this is probably not the route you should take. Try to get on a course if you find yourself asked to fit this on a regular basis.

S

Stef

Hi Stef, Ive never done the course myself and I know Karndean will try to get out of the guarantee if not installed correctly.
That's why on the odd occasion I have to install it, Karndean for example, I take pics of over boarding with wbp ply and using there skim coat along with there correct adhesive. The bathroom company I subby for is a recommended supplier of karndean & Amtico and are happy with my installations.
However this is probably not the route you should take. Try to get on a course if you find yourself asked to fit this on a regular basis.

Cheers TB, I saw that before about their guarantees.
I levelled a kitchen floor ready for tiling & then the customer decided they were going for Karndean, the floor was bang on & they still came in & out a skim of level on top for the guarantee.

Here's a kitchen - dining room I did just before Christmas used Karndean tiger oak with Ufh
IMG_8258.jpg IMG_8264.jpg IMG_8363.jpg 20131218_170242.jpg IMG_8369.jpg 20131218_170339.jpg

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I think Pete Ablard fits it too. He'll be along soon..........

I fit quite a bit of it mate, got into it about 6-7 years ago. Basic planks and tiles are easy enough to fit, when you start using design/grout strips, borders etc it becomes a bit trickier. I was subbying for a flooring company doing all the tiling and the bloke who owned it got me into it along with all other vinyls/safety flooring etc....
I've just tried uploading a few pics but it wont let me for some reason??

I fit quite a bit of it mate, got into it about 6-7 years ago. Basic planks and tiles are easy enough to fit, when you start using design/grout strips, borders etc it becomes a bit trickier. I was subbying for a flooring company doing all the tiling and the bloke who owned it got me into it along with all other vinyls/safety flooring etc....
I've just tried uploading a few pics but it wont let me for some reason??

Be nice to see some of your work matey!!
Your right about it getting tricky with grout lines strips insets etc..
you might of heard of Poly floor and Vusta I also use these vinyls, Half the price of Karndean/Amtico and just as good.
Don't know about you but the biggest tip I would give when laying this type of flooring is to let the glue get really sticky before laying any tiles.
Here's a couple more pics of other vinyl floors Ive done. DSC01442.jpg DSC01456.jpg IMG_1055.jpg IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg IMG_1005.jpg IMG_1007.jpg IMG_6909.jpg IMG_6943.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Karndean flooring in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB