Discuss Kaufmann vs sigma in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Last edited:
O

Old Mod

Somebody got a bargain here! Kaufmann Topline 630mm Tile Cutter, Brand New Boxed RRP £208 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120928653956

Kaufmann Topline tile cutter
[DLMURL="https://artisanotiles.co.uk/product/kaufmann-topline-tile-cutter-630mm-1200mm/"]Kaufmann Topline tile cutter 630mm-1200mm - Artisano tiles[/DLMURL]
Yeah that's the oh place I found too!
I like choice! Haha was hoping some of our normal suppliers had it too!
Curious tho for sure!
I'm kinda looking at a super sized machine myself at the moment.

That's if anyone's thinking of selling one???? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It says in the first sentence Dan, what time did you start drinking today then?
PMSL sorry pal my iPhone screen has broke, again, thought STS was something about the model I didn't see "from" beforehand that's on a shattered bit!

I keep moving the screen with my thumb still buy the glass it starting to shave the skin off my
Thumbs. And my ear!

295 for express service with Apple. Or go to Manchester or brum. Both a hour away and horrible jaunt through busy shopping centres.

I hate Apple. It's a good job their phones are
Good.

A

Aston

Hi Simon
Bit of advice, if you are split between the sigma and the kaufmann, then go for the sigma. Reason I say this is, if you dont get on with it, then you will easily sell the sigma for top dollar whereas the Kaufmann will lose more on its second hand value. Just something to bear in mind.

ps Just noticed as 1200mm Kaufman is £630, so you should get a sigma 1200mm cheaper than that ;0)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
PMSL sorry pal my iPhone screen has broke, again, thought STS was something about the model I didn't see "from" beforehand that's on a shattered bit!

I keep moving the screen with my thumb still buy the glass it starting to shave the skin off my
Thumbs. And my ear!

295 for express service with Apple. Or go to Manchester or brum. Both a hour away and horrible jaunt through busy shopping centres.

I hate Apple. It's a good job their phones are
Good.

Use your iPad then :)

P

Pit-R

Anybody else used these and sigma cutters?

I've been using Topline 630 for years. This is my trusty main work horse now, especially on hard porcelain. Cuts everything effortlessly.

I've got Sigma 3B as well, like it and use it on softer tiles rather. My biggest cutter now is 3EK. I am very happy with it and wouldn't exchange it for anything else of this size, even for Kaufmann, because of its weight.

N

NZ_Tiler

Would never buy another kaufmann again. Was the most popular cutter for tilers when I worked in Vienna. I owned the 630, it weighed a ton and the measuring guide poor. The angle guide is also poor compared to the simga, (sigma also has 45d measurements). I didn't like the foam on the breaking base as its hard to keep clean. In the end it was stolen. A blessing because I then found a sigma supplier in the town.

Reply to Kaufmann vs sigma in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R
Hello, I am looking at getting a sigma. I am contemplating between the sigma ceramic cutter...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB