UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss keep your insurance renewal notifications!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

having recently renewed my l200 insurance with a different company, they asked me to send my renewal notice from my old insurer as proof of no claims discount. I'd shredded it after deciding to go elsewhere so I rang them up and told them this, but I did have verification on a policy schedule. This would be fine they said, so I sent it off to them. Got a letter today from them saying that not received no claims proof so that my premium would have to be raised from £380 to £1302.00:yikes:, needless to say I played holy hell with them and demanded that they sort it out there and then before I rang my bank and cancelled direct debits.
They said that they needed proof and could I fax them a copy:mad2:, "look, I've sent you the damned thing and i can even tell you the address that I sent it to:incazzato:"
to cut a long story short I said "why not ring my previous insurers up and ask them, but I'm holding the line!"
They did, and I got an apology,...rant over, (seems to have been a "van" day today!)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to keep your insurance renewal notifications!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Just over a year ago I paid a tiler a lot of money to tile my kitchen floor. The tiles were...
Replies
Views
So, I bought my first home with my wife after saving for about 10 years and have been thrown...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
keep your insurance renewal notifications!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.