Discuss Keeping Appointments.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

there's a lot to be said about people who are ex-military. they have impeccable manners and take absolute pride in their appearance.

I worked with a guy who served as a military policeman for many years before joining JCB. He always, always, always addressed me as Maam, even though he knew my name. Now you don't get that any more. The country's moral standards are slipping, very sad :(

Military police,... bet he'd been popular in his life..:thumbsdown:... the most hated people in the the army! Howard was an army driver.. and his driving skills are simply amazing, love it, but depending what army history there is, there is damage also, and it makes me sad what army life does to people - he bought himself out very early on, being a rebel at heart anyhow, but he was in Aden and even though I hear only little what went on, he was there after that crazy guy, Red somebody or other was there, it does show at times, in his reactions to some news in the Middle East .. I wish he had never had to experience any of it, those dark corners only he knows about.

I don't feel it's a moral standard if someone calls you Maam, no more than perfectly creased trousers make anyone any happier, to me that's a sign of institutionalisation which after all is a sign of a sick society more than anything else. As soon as you have young men (and women) turned into robots, because that is the only way an army can survive, by automatic and unified response to danger, you have in effect broken wills - as Mark rightly says, some people end up losing the plot having to function normally again. Give me scruffy jeans any time.

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
there's a lot to be said about people who are ex-military. they have impeccable manners and take absolute pride in their appearance.

I worked with a guy who served as a military policeman for many years before joining JCB. He always, always, always addressed me as Maam, even though he knew my name. Now you don't get that any more. The country's moral standards are slipping, very sad :(

Up yours Maam ! & I havnt shaved today. :smilewinkgrin:

S

SandyFloor

There's a Liz slightly more famous than you who is always addressed as Maam. Well first address is Your Majesty and Maam thereafter.

P

Pebbs

First time I went out to do a quote with my old boss who was 75, he told me to be at the office at 6am, I got a bit delayed and turned up at 6.04, he wiped the floor with me, went ballistic! Went and did the quote and then when we returned later he made me clean the yard and the wet cutters. I got out of there very late that night, I was in pieces about being late by 4 minutes, and having to clean the stinking yard and cutters. I was never late again, and set my alarm for around 4am if I know I have an early start. I hate early starts as well, Im grumpier than grumpy before 7am.

Lynn

Reply to Keeping Appointments.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Keeping Appointments..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.