UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Kerapoxy/Mapei Glitter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hyacinth

Afternoon all..

I got a quote at the weekend for a shower fitted above the bath incl tiling..

Heres the thing i asked if he had used kerapoxy before as I want the glittery effect using mapei glitter. Didnt get much response and was told that if I get the stuff he will do it. Hmm.. not the same as knowing what your doing but hey..

Its approx 7m2 and i have no clue how much kerapoxy to buy .. i have to get it online too so i dont want to buy too much as i cant really put it back. My tiles are black ceramic 400 x 250.

Also, will I need to buy tile edge trim? what size of spacers do i get?

Sorry for the stupid questions, dont do DIY just know what i want it to look like and dont want to waste money!

Any advice appreciated..

H

hyacinth

I know what i want and i have searched it all out due to the lack of response from him. Kerapoxy Design in Anthracite with Mapei Glitter in Silver is what I'm after. But yeah he's left it all to me which is pretty pointless and will end up costing me as i will no doubt have to overbuy just to make sure he has enough. *sigh*.. I think i might call another company and see if they are any more helpful or have a clue what i'm talking about as it doesn't seem like the guy iv got just now does. Thank you though :)

U

user123

Oh, good god, please hyacinth, get a tiler who gives you confidence that he knows what he is doing, backed up by a proper portfolio or website to show you (not magazine picture cut-outs), this should not be up to you, this is your home, it deserves the best of attention. You are asking all the right questions, if a tiler you are planning to employ cannot give you satisfactory answers, move on to the next one. Tiling done right is beautiful, bodged up terrible. Don't live with terrible. Live with gorgeous! :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Kerapoxy/Mapei Glitter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.