Guest viewing is limited

Discuss keraquik and latexplus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
how many peeps use keraquik on its own to lay onto wooden floors? does anyone use latexplus as well? just a thought as my tile store doesnt hold any stock at all of latexplus so im assumin most guys use keraquik

my point being is it suitable in you guys opinion to be using on timber on its own? its specced to be mixed with latex for timber,so if most tilers are using it on its own which i thnk they are with no issues why is the spec for it different

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Was always taught that SPF is needed for 18mm wbp ply.
Are Mapei moving the goal posts?
Imagine you have a job where you rip up floor, stregthen joists, add noggins. Floor back down overlayed with 18mm WBP ply then use keraquick for the tiles.
If those tiles failed would Mapei tech tell you the spec was wrong??

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
this is exactly my point macten ,using the latex is very expansive but covers you,on the bag it states if using on timber you mix with latexplus,,so i called them and they said this includes ply so i can only assume if you used only keraquik with water and the job failed you wouldnt have a leg to stand on

either way macten i was quoting on a big kitchen floor i had 2 choices

over board the floor with cement boards and use keraquik on them and latex plus to lay on the exisitng timber before screwing

ply the floor and lay a membrane using keraquik and also latexplus

either way its was very very costly,,im askin the question as there are tonnes of guys out there it seems using keraquik on its own with water and saving a fortune on materials and its hard to try and compete by using the materials specced for the job

Last edited:

Reply to keraquik and latexplus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
keraquik and latexplus
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.