Guest viewing is limited

Discuss keraquik and latexplus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
i never tile straight on to floors boards, but the little black book say's you can use Keraquick with Latexplus on floor boards.

Strange how when I had a hall way where height was an issue onto really solid floorboards I was hoping to use keraquick and latex but thought I'd check with their tech line before ordering and they told me absolutely not.
Went with NMP and keraquick in the end.

Very confusing when you read all the literature out there eg:

Wall Backgrounds;

• Concrete
  • Cementitious Mortars
  • Gypsum Plaster***
  • Gypsum Boards
  • Concrete Blocks
  • Chipboard *
  • Existing Ceramics
  • Fibrous Concrete Panels
  • Insulating Panels
Floor Bases;

• Cementitious Screeds
  • Concrete Slabs
  • Mapei Levelling Comounds
  • Asphalt Screeds
  • Anhydrite Screeds (** & ***)
  • Underfloor Heating
  • Existing Ceramic, Terrazzo, Stone
  • Marine Ply
  • Chipboard
  • T & G Floorboards
(* Use with LATEX PLUS Flexible Additive)
(** Must be Mechanically Abraded)
(*** Prime First)

surrey
Very odd, before ditra matting we used to use ardex s16 and ardion 90 50 -50 and never had a problem , primed with neo-prim primer and never had a failer , but it was always on 18mm marine ply screwed at 6-9 inch centres in those days,
But they banned primmer as it made you as high as a kite lol . and replaced it with 82 primer and now its called P4 still good stuff

Ditra matting or dura base great products and it works, and thats all i use the last 20 years

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Very odd, before ditra matting we used to use ardex s16 and ardion 90 50 -50 and never had a problem , primed with neo-prim primer and never had a failer , but it was always on 18mm marine ply screwed at 6-9 inch centres in those days,
But they banned primmer as it made you as high as a kite lol . and replaced it with 82 primer and now its called P4 still good stuff

Ditra matting or dura base great products and it works, and thats all i use the last 20 years

Neo-prene, Good stuff, S16 memories of being high as a kite. Back to the thread I do use latex plus with keraquick on ply ( especially with ufh) but as Dave says Keraquick on its own would be OK imo:thumbsup:

T

tfs

this is where im confused,,,on the spec sheet you just put up macten,chipboard,t and g,and also ply floors are okay without the latex,,on the bag however it states onto timber surfaces latex plus must be added ,and the tech line stated use latex,,keraquiks a great addy but i want to know what im covered on before i use it to be honest

your never covered mate! manufacturers always to try to find a way out, if your lucky they may give you more addy (wouldnt happen much though)

Reply to keraquik and latexplus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
keraquik and latexplus
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.