Guest viewing is limited

Discuss kev j in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kev j

i tiled a bathroom floor last october which was a new build, floor was 3m with a border in the middle ,so 1.5m was tiled at a tme onto 18mm ply onto joists with plenty of nogins , primed plywood and left to dry for the day , tiled floor using 600mm by 300mm porcalain tile fixed with ultra single part flexible white,grouted in with mapie ultra , to my amazement the tiles have now all lifted ,the adhesive has stuck to the ply with only an impression of the adhesive on the back of the tile, the grout does not seem to have adherered to the tile well, 1. has the adhesive not stuck to tile 2.or the tile to the ahesive 3. has the floor moved and tacken the adhesive away from the tile , has anyone had a problem like this before

K

kev j

i tiled a bathroom floor last october which was a new build, floor was 3m with a border in the middle ,so 1.5m was tiled at a tme onto 18mm ply onto joists with plenty of nogins , primed plywood and left to dry for the day , tiled floor using 600mm by 300mm porcalain tile fixed with ultra single part flexible white,grouted in with mapie ultra , to my amazement the tiles have now all lifted ,the adhesive has stuck to the ply with only an impression of the adhesive on the back of the tile, the grout does not seem to have adherered to the tile well, 1. has the adhesive not stuck to tile 2.or the tile to the ahesive 3. has the floor moved and tacken the adhesive away from the tile , has anyone had a problem like this before
is it the tile, adhesive, movement in floor ect ect ect

Reply to kev j in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D
Hi all, new to the forum, I'm a customer of a bodged tiling job done 2 years ago by a general...
Replies
Views
Hello all I'm new to the forum but read a lot of threads on here. October 2018 we had 2 new...
Replies
Views
Bit of an intro - I'm a competent DIYer and have been refurbing the bathroom on and off for the...
Replies
Views
L

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
kev j
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.