Discuss Kids and texting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

What's up with kids and the texting?

I have just learned that my daughter doesn't know the phone numbers of many of her friends. And I don't mean just the home numbers (landlines) but also the cell numbers.

Why? Because they don't call each other and instead text/IM or whatever it is instead of talking like human beings (not suggesting that 13 and 14 year old girls are humans at the moment:yikes:). (Except for the example below, I can't remember the last time that I saw them talking on the phone.)

And the goofiest thing is that they text to each other WHILE THEY ARE IN THE SAME ROOM!:lol:

I just recently saw my daughter and one of her friends texting to each other. I said "Why aren't you just talking to each other, you are only 10 feet apart?" She said "Because we are talking about so and so, and we don't want her to hear us". BTW "so and so" was in the same room, but was talking on her cell phone to her other best friend whose house she had just left to come over here to our house to see my daughter and the other girl that was here.

So I said to my daughter "Why is she already on the phone with the other girl, she was just there for hours and left there to come here?"

So my daughter says to me with this DUUHHH kind of voice "Dad, that's simple, she is best friends with (the other girl) and (the other girl) is mad at (the girl that my daughter is texting to while in the same room), and so they are trying to get ( a fifth girl who I don't know) to call so-and-so to come over here to talk to the two of them and then try to............":mad2::mad2:

It's a miracle that my head didn't explode from all of this.:lol:

Reply to Kids and texting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Kids and texting
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.