UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Kitchen and Utility room floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gary54

Kitchen - 3m x 3m - presently bare floorboards - nailed down, all units removed. The tiler should be familiar with “No More Ply” backing board, and the use of recommended adhesives, sbr, and screws.

Note that there is a concrete area approx 760mm x 760mm in the top right of the kitchen. This is presently laid over with one sheet of hardboard so as to raise it to the level of the floorboards. The hardboard will need renewing (possibly with ply?) and fixing to the concrete so as to provide a flat, continuous surface.

Utility room - 2.0m x 2.8m - good condition concrete floor but there is some dampness at outside edges. There is a step from the utility room to the kitchen - 90 x 25 x 10cm. Cut-outs will be required for 2 downpipes, drain cover and kitchen wastepipe. Please note that a sliding door opens to the garden and is often left open and thus rain comes in – waterproofing will be important.

We have the tiles 16.5sq.m. – plain grey, ceramic, 330mm x 330mm x 8mm,
We can provide the No More Ply, the recommended adhesives and screws and same colour grey grouting as the tiles but if you wish to provide them, that's fine.

Job to start end of September.

Attachments

• Tiling1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 142
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Kitchen and Utility room floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
We've had a builder prepare the kitchen floor ready for tiling which he will be doing The...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and I'm an "experienced DIYer" if I can say that :). We (my...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.