UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Kitchen splashback preperation, priming and adhesive advice required. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tracser

Hi All,

I will shortly be tiling a splash back around the perimeter of my kitchen using 50mm x 400mm ceramic tiles (8mm thick) upto a height of 200mm from the worktop. The walls are plaster skim over render in good condition but with a very slight dip over a short distance and are painted with emulsion at the moment. I was thinking of criss cross scoring the area to be tiled but was wondering if I should use an appropriate primer aswell?

Can anybody recommend whether to use a primer and if so which one? Also some advice on a good quality adhesive would be very helpful. I have a 6mm notch trowel (somewhere in my garage) to apply it if you guys think this is suitable?

Many Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Kitchen splashback preperation, priming and adhesive advice required. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I was hoping I could get a little advice. Currently doing a bit of tiling in the...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Ok, strange one. My customer was advised to chalk his walls. He has removed the old tiles and...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, new to the forum and I'm a DIY novice with no tiling experience to speak of. Been...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
Hello, Could someone explain me what is splashback tiles kitchen? One of my clients requested...
Replies
Views
I
question of the day :) kitchen splashback to be tiled. guess what are those designs square and...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.