UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Kitchen Tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leslie

Hi
Am starting a job on Monday Tiling a kitchen. Would like a few ideas regarding the setting out of the tiles.
I have two walls ,the first wall is about 2meters long and and the tiles will be between the worktop and the bottom of wall units, the worktop is spot on regarding level so i was going to have the cuts at the top , there is a pelmet running along the underneath so I feel this would be ok.
The other wall is where the sink and free standing oven are, plus there is three separate windows. The wall is about 2.5 meters long and the gap between the windows is about 300 cm, the customer wants me to tile up from worktop to the window ledge. Once again the worktop is 100% level.
The tiles are 100cm sq. My question is do I have the cuts at the Top to match the other wall,or have the cuts at the bottom so i can have a full tile finish at the top .
Regards
Les

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Kitchen Tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Kitchen Tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.