Discuss Kitchn and Bathroom Floor confirmation in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Woody123

:thumbsup: Alrite Lads n Lasses

Going to start my own Kitchen and Bathroom floor over the next few days and was wanting some assurances i'm doing things right here!

Right im using a ceramic tlie and it will be going onto floorboards so i was gonna ply it ova with 12mm ply and prime the ply with acrylic primer. Was gona use 1 part flexi adhesive and flexible grout. Also is it a 10mm u shaped trowell i need for adhesive on floor? Also when plying out the bathroom will i need to take the toilet/sink out or can i just ply up to them? I was gonna leave 2mm expansion gap between ply board for movement but do i need to tape over the joint or something?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
p.s this is my first job since doing my traing so hopefully i will have it just about right!
Cheers

G

GazTech

:thumbsup: Alrite Lads n Lasses

Going to start my own Kitchen and Bathroom floor over the next few days and was wanting some assurances i'm doing things right here!

Right im using a ceramic tlie and it will be going onto floorboards so i was gonna ply it ova with 12mm ply and prime the ply with acrylic primer. Was gona use 1 part flexi adhesive and flexible grout. Also is it a 10mm u shaped trowell i need for adhesive on floor? Also when plying out the bathroom will i need to take the toilet/sink out or can i just ply up to them? I was gonna leave 2mm expansion gap between ply board for movement but do i need to tape over the joint or something?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
p.s this is my first job since doing my traing so hopefully i will have it just about right!
Cheers
The minimum ply overlay onto tongue and groove is 15mm,when using single part flexi ( as per manufacturers warranty ) you can however use a 10mm 0r 12mm backerboard......Gaz

W

White Room

6mm backerboard with standard flexi onto floorboards are not guaranteed by adh manufacturers, they state 10mm backerboard minimum.They say that 6mm is not a structural board .....Gaz

It was a hardi backer information sheet from a tile shop where I buy my adhesive It said 6mm for floors and I think nomoreply say the same thing, but you make a fair point

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Kitchn and Bathroom Floor confirmation in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB