Discuss Lamitech decoupler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

This is the only info I've got on it, I'd prefer a review as I'm very wary of a new product.

lamitech

Lamitech is a semi-rigid polyethylene sheet measuring 3 mm. in thickness, made up of a highly resistant alveolate membrane, covered on the bottom part by a textile sheet. This structure forms a network of hollow channels, which enables the installation surface to be separated from substrates that are uncured or exposed to great stresses.

Lamitech is specifically designed to allow the installation of ceramic and stone tile over any even and load-bearing substrate. The characteristics of this membrane are:

- Uncoupling: Lamitech provides uncoupling through its open bubble structure, which allows for in-plane movement that effectively neutralizes the differential movement stresses between the substrate and the tile, thus eliminating the major cause of cracking and delaminating of the tiled surface.
- Waterproofing: Lamitech provides reliable waterproofing in interior and exterior applications. Its polyethylene composition protects the substrate from moisture penetration, which is particularly important when moisture sensitive substrates are used.
- Vapour management: the main feature of Lamitech is the existence of free space created by the configured channels on the underside of the matting. The free space provides a route for excess moisture and vapour to escape from the substrate that could otherwise cause damage to the tile layer above.
- Support/Load Distribution: Columns like mortar structures are formed in the cutback cavities of the matting. Loads are transferred from the tile covering through these column-like mortar structures to the substrate and distributed while preserving the integrity of the tiled surface.

Most suitable substrates for Lamitech

- Concrete. Lamitech absorbs inherent stresses between the concrete and tile covering. The tiles can be installed a soon as the concrete is hard enough to be walked upon.
- Mortar screeds. Lamitech improves the vapour migration in the cement mortar and reduces the stresses due to cracks or shape changes in the floating screeds. The tiles can be installed a soon as the screed is hard enough to be walked upon.
- Wooden subfloors. The loading and changes in moisture content produce deformations in these materials. Lamitech allow installing tiles over single layer wooden subfloors. Requirements of the substrate:
o Capable of carrying the expected load without excessive deflection.
o Screw fixed to supporting joists at a maximum of 300 mm centres
o In good condition, dry, securely screw fixed and the fixings do not protrude.
o The recommended adhesive is super one n
- Waterproofing. Lamitech can be used for waterproofing in applications not exposed to constant water pressure. The joints must be sealed with the butech lami-band fixed with super one n.
- Balconies / terraces. The extensive and frequent temperature changes can be neutralized by using this uncoupling membrane. Lamitech provides an effective waterproofing.
- Anhydrite screeds. Lamitech protects the anhydrite screed against moisture penetration from the surface. The tile covering can be installed as soon as the residual moisture is below 2.0%. The substrate must be primed beforehand, with butech Universal Bonding Agent.

[h=1]Reference[/h]Product
Packaging
R.R.P.
B84901003
lamitech
30 sqm roll
£290.95

B84901005
Lami-band 200 mm
30 m roll
£95.00
B84905004
Waterproofing band
30 m roll
£160.40

Applications

Wood
Concrete
Gypsum
Heated floors
Exteriors
Uncoupling
+++
+++
+++
+++
+++
Waterproofing
+++
+
+++
+++
+++
Vapor managent
+
+++
+++
+
+++
Load distribution
++
+
+
++
+

Recommended adhesive:
Super-one n is a fast setting, cementitious adhesive suitable for laying of all types of tiles, both pavement and tiling, including porcelanic tiles. Specially recommended for:
- Materials: all format tiles, absorbent and non absorbent t ceramic tiles.
- Backgrounds: concrete, cement screeds, existing tile floors, plasterboard and wooden floors.
European standards: C2 FT S1
B12909010 super-one n white RRP £25 / 25 kg bag
B12909011 super-one n grey RRP £16.74 / 25 kg bag

Thin-set coverage:
To bond Lamitech to the substrate: 2 kg/m[SUP]2[/SUP]
To bond the tile to Lamitech:
6 mm notched trowel: 5 kg/m[SUP]2[/SUP]
10 mm notched trowel: 6 kg/m[SUP]2[/SUP]

Movement joints:
Field size: not to exceed 37 m[SUP]2[/SUP]
Interior applications: 4.9-6.1 m in each direction.
Interior areas exposed to direct sunlight, moisture or heated floors: 3.7–4.9 m in each direction.
Exterior: 2.4-3.7 m in each direction.
Fields should be as square as possible. The ratio between length and width should not exceed 1:1
Place around the perimeter of any size floor and/or against all restraining surfaces.

I

Ian

This is supposed to be a brand new version of this product, looks more like underlay for wood floors! It's got a felt back an a rubber top, what do you folks think?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318245706.406668.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318245736.484109.jpg

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Lamitech decoupler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just after a quick bit of advice. The other half wants porcelain slabs for the patio...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Lamitech decoupler
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.