Discuss Lap top fault - blue screen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

hi
my laptop is showing a blue screen fault..i think i have found the cause ntkrnlpa.exe (whatever that is lol)
its a dell and its 5 years old now. would you lot think about replacing it now or get it fixed AND if i do replace it, would apple mac be the way forward?

any help appreciated
ps if dans havin a lie in, give him a nudge and tell him to take a look at this thread :smilewinkgrin:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Ed, you should look at the life expectancy to be 4-5 years maximum of your hardware. As the software progresses the hardware also needs to be able to cope.

I moved to a Mac and never looked back. The hardware and software are developed by the same company as oppose to PCs and laptops which run a 3rd party Operating System i.e.Windows, so inevitably there are going be problems. Where do you turn? Hardware blames software and software blames hardware and you are left with a PC that's not working.

The Mac OS is much more stable, far less targeted for viruses, trojans, hackers etc. I have never had my Mac hang on me yet. Not had one single error message.

I think this is worth paying the extra money for a Mac, at least double, but you won't have any much downtime, if any, and that is worth it's weight in gold :thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
thanks mate, really appreciate the advice.
i think its time to take a bite out of the apple!! as you say 5 years is about time to change so theres no point throwing good money after bad.

No probs Ed, I'm pretty sure that Dan is a Mac user and he will probably qualify what I said in my post. I'm not 100% but I've never seen the Apple Macs in a sale, their resellers are under very stringent rules as to discounts they can give on their products. When I researched what to buy, everywhere I went, net and high street the same Mac was the same price everywhere. So don't waste time looking round, just be sure to buy through a respected outlet.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Lap top fault - blue screen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Replies
Views
M
Had an bust up/argument with tiler today. Usually use someone else but this guy came recommended...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
O
Hi, Almost three months ago, I went to look at a new wetroom for a customer. Customer said he...
Replies
Views
sdc395
S
W
I had a job booked to retile 19m of kitchen floor where the house had apperently had a little...
Replies
Views
wayfoward
W
I have a job which I need to price up. The guy is a builder and he seems to want to do whatever...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB