Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Large Porcelain Tiling Job (DIY) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bjkirkham

Hi,

I'm just about to start my third tiling job at home, but want to get some advice before I start.

I'm laying 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles on a ply sub floor and have read I should use a cement based flexi adhesive, Looked in wickes Flexible Rapid Setting Tile Adhesive - Tile Adhesives - Tiles Adhesive & Grout -Tiles & Floors - Wickes and B&Q Buildfix Stone & Porcelain Rapid Set Tile Adhesive White 20kg, 8022452048098 would these be suitable or should I be spending more?

Also I have a plasplug 100mm Compact wet cutter, again sufficient? Previously I have only tiled with max 300mm2 and smaller so this has been fine and a dry cutter so wasn't sure if it would handle the bigger tiles even with a new porcelain diamond blade

The area is just over 8m2, its a dog legged hall and I'm using a diagonal pattern.

Thanks - Barry

Last edited by a moderator:
D

david campbell

:welcome:to the forum
i would maybe opt for the buildfix adhesive from b&q as mentioned above as it's of much better quality in my opinion,remember you will need a good bit more than the 5m2 coverage it states on the bag because you will be using a deeper/wider notched trowel and will need to back butter these tiles due to size,i think there is probably a chance the wet saw might pack in looking at these tiles if not you may have problems keeping cuts straight when it pushes against the guard,so it might be worth hiring a bridge saw for half a day.

for a dry cutter maybe something in the budget end like the big clinker for 1m tiles as you will b cutting diagonally it is avaiilable from topps for about £95 or buy a better more expensive model and sell it once you are done

D

DHTiling

Hi,

I'm just about to start my third tiling job at home, but want to get some advice before I start.

I'm laying 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles on a ply sub floor and have read I should use a cement based flexi adhesive, Looked in wickes Flexible Rapid Setting Tile Adhesive - Tile Adhesives - Tiles Adhesive & Grout -Tiles & Floors - Wickes and B&Q Buildfix Stone & Porcelain Rapid Set Tile Adhesive White 20kg, 8022452048098 would these be suitable or should I be spending more?

Also I have a plasplug 100mm Compact wet cutter, again sufficient? Previously I have only tiled with max 300mm2 and smaller so this has been fine and a dry cutter so wasn't sure if it would handle the bigger tiles even with a new porcelain diamond blade

The area is just over 8m2, its a dog legged hall and I'm using a diagonal pattern.

Thanks - Barry

They will be fine.. let us know how you get on.. maybe even a few pics.. we love pics..:thumbsup:

Reply to Large Porcelain Tiling Job (DIY) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
10 minutes ago Add bookmark #1 Which mapei adhesive ( it's convenient for me to buy this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Large Porcelain Tiling Job (DIY)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.