Discuss lash clips not for me! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

karlm98

i have used them and i think they are pretty good, what ever makes the job easier is fine by me and as long as your 1st m2 is level they do help speed up the rest of the job and i dont need to use my level n mallet as much on rec porcs..a 12mm Trowel is something i would use for larger formats anyway that and a back buttering especially over UFH, no matter what advancements are made in tools the tile n adhesive will always be heavy work and that will keep a lot of folk away from tiling,

has anyone seen the rubi system now that is expensive! it looks like a rip on the tuscan system, the raimondi system looks good and i have heard that it works a treat but still a bit costly the only problem with the lash is a Sore Thumb.

makes me wonder what tilers thought about thinset when it came out they probably said it takes away the skill level and makes tiling less of a trade, you could go back and also say the same about mixer drills wet saws mosaic on a matt etc..all of these have made tiling faster and easier but as we know its not just the tile to walls/floors that makes a nice job its the prep work making sure the surface is good to tile on now thats the skill

B

Barry bp

I use lash clips when i started tiling i layed quarry tiles into screed and gully tiles I have carried out all types of tiling I fortunatley have a reputation for being a very good tiler there is plenty of skill in tiling to a high standard prep grouting see plenty of bad grouting silicon same again marking out.You need 12mm trowel they speed my work up and get perfect finish ideal if there is moderate problems with floor im not too proud to except new technolige even if i carnt spell! :thumbsup:

K

karlm98

I use lash clips when i started tiling i layed quarry tiles into screed and gully tiles I have carried out all types of tiling I fortunatley have a reputation for being a very good tiler there is plenty of skill in tiling to a high standard prep grouting see plenty of bad grouting silicon same again marking out.You need 12mm trowel they speed my work up and get perfect finish ideal if there is moderate problems with floor im not too proud to except new technolige even if i carnt spell! :thumbsup:

i agree with you mate, i see plenty of tile jobs where the tiler didn't even silicone his work ie counter tops, corners and even in bathrooms and i am talking baths and even showers :thumbsdown: unfortunatly there are loads of slap n dash merchants out there doing work on the cheap but i guess thats down to people not wanting to pay for a proper job to be done. I see the newer trims (L shaped) are popular and heard a couple of tilers commenting on them being great cos they dont have to mitre them :yikes:???? i mitre every trim where it needs to be mitered regardless, it looks better and imo a more professional job...:mad2: lucky for me i have spell check on..lol:lol: just bought a load more clips from TT as i have 36m2 porcs over ufh, ditra, ply over 18mm chipboard...my old knees are already aching..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
K

karlm98

[IMG said:
http://www.tilersforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/IMG] Originally Posted by Stewart
If you prep a floor properly, there's no need for these at all. I personally can't see how they would make laying large format tiles any quicker and could lead to having voids under the tile. IMO a diy product at best!
Barry bp;493863]I hate DIY but love lash clips they were not invented for DIY quit the contrary
with ya on that Barry , the only reason voids happen is down to trowel notch size..(or a crappy floor surface) ie use the correct trowel and back butter big format tiles..simples help avoiding the voids..hehehe

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to lash clips not for me! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Does anybody else have the issue of joints being opened up when using a tile levelling system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been planning on tiling my 16sq m dining room floor for ages, so have been reading...
Replies
Views
Dan published a new article: Read more about this article...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
lash clips not for me!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.