Discuss Lay as one floor when underfloor heating involved in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

heathmount

Hi

I'm going to install under floor heating in my bathroom and I want to tile both the bathroom and the hallway outside. Are there any issues with having the tiles flow continuously between the two rooms or is it advisible to have a profile strip at the doorway due to the potential difference in tile temperature of the two rooms? I don't want to put the ufh in the hallway as well.

thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi,

You'd need an expansion strip in the doorway whether you had UFH in one room, both, or neither.

Even when tiling a couple of rooms that will probably always be the same temperature, you'd still need a strip. And it is due to the different rates of expansion/retraction just given the fact the rooms wont both have exactly the same conditions and floor sizes.

So yeah, you need some form of a break in the doorway.

Reply to Lay as one floor when underfloor heating involved in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I am purchasing a new build property and the builder has already laid 4500mm x...
Replies
Views
K
Good Evening folks. I have an underfloor heating question which im hoping someone can shed some...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
Hi All, I am looking at moving on to the next project in my house which is kitchen area. This...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Lay as one floor when underfloor heating involved
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.