Discuss Laying slate tiles on bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi all,
Got to lay slate tiles in the morning ,only 2m2 on a bathroom floor.I had a look at them on Friday,the state they were in,all dusty,opened one pack and the tile cracked and crumbled in my hand.
From B and Q.
Anyway I know you have to look at all the widths first and arrange them,but is there anything to watch out for or any tips advice you can give me? just fed up keep having nitemare after nitemare,would like something to go straight forward at least.
Cheers for any help.
Vinnie.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Hi all,
Got to lay slate tiles in the morning ,only 2m2 on a bathroom floor.I had a look at them on Friday,the state they were in,all dusty,opened one pack and the tile cracked and crumbled in my hand.
From B and Q.
Anyway I know you have to look at all the widths first and arrange them,but is there anything to watch out for or any tips advice you can give me? just fed up keep having nitemare after nitemare,would like something to go straight forward at least.
Cheers for any help.
Vinnie.

Hi vin the best advice i can give is "run away" do you really need to do a 2 m2 bathroom floor? your going to tell me next that the sanitaryware is in (please don't).

B&q strike again ,while not the best material's they are the biggest diy supplier in britain(unfortunately).

I am so glad i don't do domestic work:hurray:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Laying slate tiles on bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB