UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss leaflets in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rav daniels

was just curious how many of you used leaflets,

I use them instead of business cards, here is some feed back i have had of customers.

* 3 years ago when i had these done, i dropped them of at every tile shop i could, all the customers when asked said they rang me because my leaflet stood out next to the piles of plain business cards also on the counter, and they liked the fact there were a few pics on there(granted not the best pics, but 3 years ago i didnt take pics of jobs,and have only started doing it in the last couple of years)

* I have an arrangment with my local tile shop, on the inital quote i tell the customer if they go there, they will be well looked after and on presenting the leaflet to the member of staff the will recieve a good discount, this way the customer is getting a good deal, the tile shop knows you are passing them work, and i get my leaflets handed out from the shop, and always get recommended from the shop, so i think its a good system that works for everyone,(obviously you can still do this with a card, but just looks that bit better imo)

3 years ago i got 10,000 for £140, and yes thats 10,000, way too many for me, still got 9,000 in a cuboard,lol,
I havent done a leaflet drop yet as am pretty busy, but will do one soon,

here are both sides of the leaflets, if i could do it again, i would of waited for better pics,

defo helped me for work so thought i would share,

Attachments

• allstar 019.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 119
  • allstar 021.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 109
That's a really good idea, especially giving a discount when they produce the leaflet at the tilers shop.

One thing you might like to think about also which I've found helpful is fridge magnets. They just need to be your business card as a magnet, plenty of companies do them now. Once a magnet goes on a fridge that's it, they're generally on there for life! Every so often people clear out the business cards from thier wallets/purse and they go somewhere 'easily found'. When they can't find your card again they most probably end up doing a google search or using yellow pages, but if it's on the fridge they go straight there.

M

mikethetile

Ive just got 5000 double sided colour flyerson card done for £105 from 1-2 Print online cant fault them for quality.

When you lot do your flyer drops do you target the more expensive houses/areas or do you just hit the streets?
I choose my areas

2/3 beds from 5years old to 25yrs old, these are bought by young proffesionals who cant decorate /tile

victorian / edwardian as above plus elderly, they are also a bit more involved to work on

ex council houses again tend to be retired

everything else I dont bother with as the owners are either struggling financially or they have family/ friends that will do it for them cheap

alot of you guys seem to like leaflets and doing leaflet drops and it seems to work for you.

my opinion

when i get leaflets through my letter box i keep the latest take away menus and stick the rest in the recycling bin, basicly i dont trust the services been advertised, they seem a bit 'fly by night' and unprofessional/cheap to me

and if someone puts a flyer under my wiper blade that really annoys me

on a shop counter with 20 cards or on a notice board/shop window it maybe works.

but not my cup of tea.

good luck with them

U

united

alot of you guys seem to like leaflets and doing leaflet drops and it seems to work for you.

my opinion

when i get leaflets through my letter box i keep the latest take away menus and stick the rest in the recycling bin, basicly i dont trust the services been advertised, they seem a bit 'fly by night' and unprofessional/cheap to me

on a shop counter with 20 cards or on a notice board/shop window it maybe works.

but not my cup of tea.

good luck with them

This is exactly what I do with flyers, I don't know anyone that even reads them at all.

This might sound stupid but a little tip that WORKS is to sellotape a sweet (boiled,wrapped type) to each flyer, that way your flyer will get noticed amongst all the other flyers :thumbsup:

A

Aqua Tiling

my opinion

but not my cup of tea.

good luck with them

thats a fair point, what do you do or recommend

D

diamondtiling

Not sure if you have done so alrady, but I advise to try this flyer printing company. I have had done lots and lots of flyers with them and it is so easy to design a flyer on their website. Good Luck

As this is your first post with an advertising link I take it you own the company? You might want to read the forum rules first before admin see your post.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to leaflets in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.